Yeppoon is the gateway to Great Keppel Island, a tropical beachside town, and a suburban area of Rockhampton, all in one. It is a series of beachside development stretching around 30 minutes along the coast, with several beaches, mud flats, and lakes.
Around 30 minutes by car from Rockhampton. Suburban bus services run by Youngs Bus Service run every hour or so to the area, including services to the marina wharf area.
The closest airport is at Rockhampton.
- Wreck Point
- Causeway Lake
- Singing Ship. The singing ship is a memorial to James Cook located at the headland at Emu Park. As the wind blows the "strings" the ship sings.
- Saling Club (right on the beach at Yeppoon). Dining room overlooks the beach, with large windows looking out over Keppel Bay. Basic furnishing, and casual atmosphere. Food is no more expensive than the other clubs in town. mains around $18. Kids meals $8.
- Emus Beach Resort, Emu Park, Emu Park (follow the signs to Emu Park from Rockhampton), ☎ +61 7 4939 6111. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM. Newly opened backpackers resort. From $23.
- L'amor Holiday Apartments (L'amor), Yeppoon (South of Yeppoon on the beach), ☎ +61 7 4939 4413. L'amor Holiday Apartments is a quiet, clean and good value option south of the main town area in Yeppoon. From $100.
- Pumpkin Island Eco Retreat (Pumpkin Island), Yeppoon (Situated between Great Keppel and North Keppel Islands), ☎ +61 7 4939 4413. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM. Pumpkin Island off the Capricorn Coast near Yeppoon is an island within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. This retreat consists of five eco-friendly self-catering cottages powered by wind and sun, overlooking a crystalline beach. Each accommodates between four and eight guests (with a maximum of 30) and is fully self-contained. From $285.