Yankton was the first capital of the Dakota Territory. The city is situated along the Missouri River, across from Nebraska.
- Dakota Territorial Museum, 610 Summit St, ☎ +1 605 665-3898. May 1-Sep 30: M-F 10AM-5PM, Sa-Su noon-4PM; Oct 1-Apr 30: noon-4PM daily. Exhibits covering the early days of Yankton and the Dakota Territory, including the local Lakota tribe.
- Lewis and Clark Theatre (Dakota Theater), 328 Walnut St, ☎ +1 605 665-4711. Live theater and concerts in a former cinema.
- Tastee Treet Drive Inn, 413 W 4th St, ☎ +1 605 665-7512. Drive-in restaurant that has been in operation since 1950. Loose meat sandwiches, hot dogs, shakes and malts. Table seating also available.
- Ben's Brewing Co., 222 W 3rd St, ☎ +1 605 260-4844. M-F 2PM-2AM, Sa-Su 11AM-2AM. Low-key casual bar.
- Best Western Kelly Inn, 1607 E Hwy 50, ☎ +1 605 665-2906, toll-free: +1-800-635-3559, fax: +1 605 665-4318. Indoor pool, fitness center, free high-speed internet and continental breakfast. Restaurant on site.
|Routes through Yankton|
|Watertown ← Madison ← Jct W E ← Jct ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Norfolk → York|