Yangyang (양양) is in Gangwon.
As of September 2015, Yangyang International Airport has no scheduled flights. A fully featured international airport with facilities, it is one of South Korea best examples of building infrastructure where there is little actual demand.
There were previously scheduled routes to Seoul Gimpo, Busan's Gimhae International Airport and Gwangju that may operate again.The nearby Ski Resort area of Pyeongchang is currently being developed for the 2018 Winter Olympics. Flight schedules may pick up closer to this event.
- Hajodae Beach (하조대해수욕장), Hyeonbuk-myeon, Yangyang-gun, Gangwon-do 강원 양양군 현북면. A 1.5 km long beach with fine, white sand.
- Yangyang Airport. South Korea spent a great deal of money in the past decade building airports all over the country. Yangyang airport is probably the best example of this, having an infamous reputation of being a brand new, fully functional international airport with hardly any flights at all.
- Song-i Festival (Pine Mushroom Festival). Early October, for five day. Song-i mushrooms are known as the golden mushrooms, diamonds of the forest and mysterious spiritual beings. The Song-i Mushroom Festival is an opportunity to observe the habitat of song-i mushrooms that are strictly monitored. Anyone can enjoy the mysteriousness of these delicious pine mushrooms, but reservations should be made in advance.
- Yangyang Salmon Festival. Early November, for two days. This festival is held in the fresh waters of Namdaecheon, the biggest Korean river up which salmon swim. Apart from a good look at the natural ecosystem, there are various events such as catching salmon with bare hands, regular salmon fishing, and running with salmon.
- Naksan Beach Hotel, ☎ +82 33-672-4000. Deluxe, 136 rooms
- Osaek Green Yard Hotel, ☎ +82 33-672-8500. 155 rooms
- Freya Naksan Resortel, ☎ +82 33-672-5000. 228 rooms