Westport is a town in the SouthCoast region of Massachusetts along the border with Rhode Island. Largely a residential and farming community, Horseneck Beach and Westport River provide beauty and recreation. Westport includes the village of North Westport.
- Westport is reached via Interstate 195 to Route 88 at Exit 10. Routes 6 and 177 also serve the town.
- Harbormaster, VHF Channel 16.
- Horseneck Beach State Reservation, ☎ +1 508 636-8816. Route 88 to John Reed Road. Over 600 acres of barrier beach and salt marsh, this 2 mi. (3.2 km) long beach is often breezy with surf. It is an excellent place for walks and birding. Views of the Elizabeth Islands.
- Gray's Grist Mill, 638 Adamsville Road (Near the RI border), ☎ +1 508 636-6075. Tu-Su 12PM-4PM. Still grinding corn.
- Handy Hill Creamery, 55 Hix Bridge Road (at Rt. 88), ☎ +1 508 636-8888. Summer only. Ice cream/clam cakes, etc.
- Marguerites, 778 Main Road (Village Commons Plaza), ☎ +1 508 636-3040. M-Th 7:30AM-8PM, F-Sa 7:30AM-8:30PM. A seafood restaurant located in Central Village. It is best to call ahead and make a reservation. Quaint atmosphere.
- Wood's Farm, 17 Adamsville Road, ☎ +1 508 636-2139. M-Su 1PM-9PM. Ice cream only. Pet and feed goats.
- Bud's by the Beach, 9 Bridge Rd, ☎ +1 508 636-5333. 11AM-7PM. Fresh local seafood fish and chip restaurant. Sells everything from lobster rolls, clam rolls, clam cakes, and own fish tacos. $3-13.
- Westport Camping Grounds, 346 Old County Road, ☎ +1 508 636-2555. 25 sites.