Wellesley is a city in Massachusetts in the Greater Boston area. It is a wealthy suburb and home to Wellesley College, Babson College and Mass Bay Community College. Wellesley includes the villages of Babson Park and Wellesley Hills.
From Logan you can take the Airporter, Phone: +1 781-899-6161, toll free: +1-877-899-6161, firstname.lastname@example.org, . A shuttle service that will pick you up at Logan and take you directly to Wellesley. About $35 per person.
Wellesley is at the junction of Interstate 95 and Route 9. Route 16 also passes through town.
- Veteran Taxi, Phone: +1 781-235-1600.
- Sun Taxi, Phone: +1-800-SUN-TAXI.
- Newton Yellow Cab, Phone: +1 617-332-7700.
- AMTRAK to Boston's South Station, then take MBTA's Commuter Rail Framingham/Worcester Line, to Wellesley Square.
Wellesley is a small town, and all points of interest are accessible from Main St. on foot.
- Davis Museum and Cultural Center at Wellesley College, 106 Central Street, ☎ +1 781 283-2051, fax: +1 781-283-2064.
- Wellesley College Botanic Gardens (WCBG), 106 Central Street (Route 135 to the entrance of Wellesley College), ☎ +1 781-283-3074. Open daily 8AM-4PM. The Wellesley College Botanic Gardens consists of the Margaret C. Ferguson Greenhouses, the Walter Hunnewell Arboretum, and the Alexandra Botanic Gardens There is a 22 acre arboretum with over 500 species of woody plants, a century-old topiary garden, and 15 greenhouses containing more than 1000 species of plants, especially desert plants, orchids and ferns. Their collection includes White and English Oaks, lindens, tulip trees, bald cypress and Chinese Golden Larch, as well as azaleas, hollies, weeping cherries, lilacs, viburnums, and rhododendrons.
- Elm Bank Reservation, Cheney Road (Off of Route 16 (Washington Street)), Phone: 617-333-7404, . Open year round dawn till dusk. The Elm Bank Reservation is the former estate of Benjamin Pierce Cheney (founder of American Express.) It got it's name from the elm trees that were planted on the Charles River, which surrounds the grounds on three sides. The site has several playing fields as well as a canoe launch. It is also home to the Massachusetts Horticultural Society
- Elm Bank Horticulture Center (Massachusetts Horticultural Society), 900 Washington Street. (Route 16). Daily 8AM-dusk. A 36-acre horticulture and hands-on education center along the Charles River, with trial gardens, children's garden, and a restored 1926 Italianate Garden. Donation.
- Wellesley Townsman. The town's newspaper, has listings of current events in its "Calendar" section.
- Summer concerts on the town green Wednesdays 7PM. Mid June - mid Aug. Free.
- Morses Pond. A fantastic little beach, perfect for a day out in the summer. $5 per person per day for a beach tag. Children under the age of 10 will have to pass the "slide test" to use the water slide, and children under the age of 12 will have to pass a "deep end test" to swim in the deep end.
- Wellesley College, 106 Central Street, ☎ +1 781 283-1000. One of the esteemed "Seven Sisters" schools.
- Massachusetts Bay Community College (Wellesley Hills campus), 50 Oakland Street, ☎ +1 781 239-3000, fax: +1 781-239-1047.
- Abigail's Children's Boutique, 93 Central Street, ☎ +1 781-235-3333. M-Sa 10AM-5:30PM. Classic Style Clothing & Gifts for Children, Infants to Preteen.
- Blue Ginger, 583 Washington St, ☎ +1 781 283-5790, fax: +1 781-283-5772. M-Th 11:30AM-2PM, 5:30PM-9:30PM; Sa 5PM-10PM. Owned by famous chef Ming Tsai, host of East Meets West. $$$
- Dorset Cafe, 352 Washington Street, ☎ +1 781 239-8988. M-Sa 8AM-5PM, Su 8AM-12Noon, Afternoon Tea M-Sa 2PM-4PM. Organic & All-Natural Breakfast, Luncheon, Soups, Salads, Sandwiches, Spa Selections.
- Vela Restaurant, 312 Washington Street, ☎ +1 781 235-4449. M-Th 5PM-9:30PM F, Sa 5PM-10PM. Italian.
- SE Olson Uptown Gourmet Cafe, 390 Washington Street, ☎ +1 781 235-1885. M-Th 7AM-9PM, F 7AM-10PM, Sa 8AM-10PM, Su 8AM-8PM. Soups, sandwiches.
- Yama Japanese Restaurant, 245 Washington Street, ☎ +1 781 431-8886. M-Th 5PM-10PM, F 5PM-11PM, Sa 11:30AM-11PM. Su 3PM-10PM.
- Captain Marden's Seafoods, 279 Linden Street, ☎ +1 781 235-3737. Lunch and dinner M-F: 11AM-9PM, Sa: 11:45AM-9PM. Breakfast: M-F: 6:30AM-10:30AM, Sa: 7AM-11AM. Sunday brunch: 8AM-2PM. The Captain's motto? "Nothing fancy. Everything delicious."
- Bertuccis Brick Oven Pizzaria, 380 Washington Street, ☎ +1 781 239-0990.
- College Square Pizza, 552 Washington Street, ☎ +1 781 431-8585.
- Deluxe Pizza, 1 Forest Street, ☎ +1 781 235-6811.
- China Sky, 11 Forest Street, ☎ +1 781 431-2388. Chinese.
- CK' Shanghai, 15 Washington Street, ☎ +1 781 237-7500. Chinese.
- Tian Fu, 442 Washington Sreet, ☎ +1 781 235-1111.
- The Wok, 180 Worcester Street, ☎ +1 781 235-0238.
- Amarin of Thailand, 27 Grove Street, ☎ +1 781 239-1350.
- Lemon Thai, 555 Washington Street, ☎ +1 781 237-6995.
- Coconut Cafe, 257 Washington Street, ☎ +1 781 235-8255.
- Dorset Cafe, 352 Washington Street, ☎ +1 781 239-8988. M-Sa 8AM-5PM, Su 8AM-12Noon, Afternoon Tea M-Sa 2PM-4PM. Five-time Reader's Choice winner, including #1 Coffee in Wellesley. Organic & Artisan Loose-Leaf Tea and Single-Origin Estate Coffees: espressos, lattes, cappuccinos, mochas, hot chocolate, real chai and iced tea.
- Peets Coffee & Tea, 9 Central Street, ☎ +1 781 235-0018.
- Rosies Bakery, 55 Central Street, ☎ +1 781 431-2532.
- Starbucks Coffee Shop, ☎ +1 781 237-5282. 68A Central Street.
- Center for Executive Education at Babson, One Woodland Hill Drive, 781–239-4000. $325.
|Routes through Wellesley|
|Weston ← Newton ←||N S||→ Needham → Canton|
|Worcester ← Natick ←||W E||→ Newton → Boston|
|Worcester ← Natick ←||W E||→ Newton → Boston|