The nearby Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- Thai Thai, 19-3984 Old Volcano Rd, ☎ +1 808 967-7969. 1200-2100, Wednesday closed. Tasty Thai food for dinner, lunch and take out. Reservations may be advisable at peak times.
- Kiawe kitchen, 19-4005 Haunani Rd, ☎ +1 808 967-7711. Monday-Sunday 11AM-2:30PM and 5:30PM-8:30PM. Open for lunch and dinner every day. They serve wood-fired pizza & meats, fresh organic produce, local beers, house made desserts, and more (menu changes daily). Reservations recommended for parties larger than 5. $10 - $30.
There are several options for lodging while visiting Volcano Village and the National Park.
- My Island Inn, ☎ +1 808 967-7110. Check-in: 1PM-5PM. A B&B housed in a historic plantation house only a few miles from Volcano National Park (elevation: 4,000 ft). The hosts are long-time natives of the Hawaii Islands and are full of fantastic advice on touring the islands, as well as delightful stories of their own adventures here. The grounds are a beautifully kept profusion of flowers and fruit trees, and many of the fruits make their way into the plentiful (really plentiful!) and delicious breakfasts. $70-165.
- Hawaii Volcano Vacations, 9-4104 Anuhea Circle Dr, ☎ +1 808 967-7178, e-mail: email@example.com. Affordable vacation rentals all less than a mile from the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and within walking distance from all the delights Volcano Village has to offer Starting at $100/Night (double occupancy).
- Bamboo Orchid Cottage, 11-3903 10th St (Off Pearl at 26 Mile Marker), ☎ +1 808 985-8920. Check-in: 4PM-6PM, check-out: 11AM. An upscale bed and breakfast 2 miles from the park entrance, a choice of 4 rooms, all with private baths, in the middle of the rainforest. The beautiful grounds feature a hot tub, BBQ area, and covered seating with fire pit. $139 and up.
- Guest Cottages at Volcano Tree House, 11-3860 11th St (Off Pearl at 26 Mile Marker), ☎ +1 808 985-9592. Check-in: 4PM-6PM, check-out: 11AM. This place was built on a hand-cleared lot and features Ohias growing though the 700+ SF deck and BBQ area and giant tree ferns you can reach out and touch. $149 and up.
- The Inn at Volcano, 19-4178 Wright Rd, toll-free: +1-800-937-7786, fax: +1 808 967-8660, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Inn at Volcano is a mile from Volcanoes National Park. From $139.
- Volcano Guest House (Guest House at Volcano), 11-3733 Ala Ohia St. (Hwy 11, across 26 mile marker, Jade Ave. Then take last left off Jade - Ala Ohia St. Then look for sign about 1/3 mile on right.), ☎ +1 808-967-7775, e-mail: email@example.com. Volcano Guest House B&B is a looped lane collection of 3 rooms from $95 per night, 3 cottages and 2 apartments at $125, two big houses from $220, a large yoga/dance studio, and a shared Breakfast Lanai with hot tub. It is located on 12 acres adjacent to forest reserve along the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Boundary, 5 minutes drive from the park entrance. From singles up to 35 people can stay. It shares the space with native rainforest, semi-forested pasture for two Dexter cows, a pond for Muscovy ducks. Bonnie Goodell, planner and gardener, and Alan Miller, builder, started from Honoluu to a tent here in 1979, rented their first cottage in 1986. Extended family and friends live there and come and go, some writing books, all working on projects. Line-dried linens, solar assisted hot water. $95-$220.