Vinhedo is a city in the Campinas Region of São Paulo state. The city emerged from grape farms and wineries founded by Italian immigrants. However, most visitors of the city come for the theme parks and the nearby outlet shopping mall.
As a city that was founded only in the half of the XX century, Vinhedo obviously does not have much to offer in terms of historical sightseeing, but it contains a couple of remarkable constructions.
- Memorial do Imigrante, Av dos Imigrantes (Next to the entrance of Vinhedo), ☎ +55 19 3886-3528. mon-fri 09AM-04PM, sat-sun 10AM-04PM. Finished in 2007, this beautiful cultural complex, in Renaissance style, hosts a permanent exposition about the Italian immigration in the region, offers touristic information about the city in general, and hosts temporary expositions.
- Igreja Matriz de Sant'ana, Praça de Sant'ana - Centro. Vinhedo's central church, located in the heart of the city. It is a nice-looking church with two clock towers and colored panels.
- Hopi Hari, Rodovia dos Bandeirantes, 72 km, ☎ 0300-789-5566 (local number). Brazil's second largest amusement park, with plenty of roller coasters and other rides and a host of Warner Brothers characters. Various food, from snacks to a la carte. R$34.90 advance; R$49,00 at the gate.
- Wet'n'Wild, Rodovia dos Bandeirantes, km 72, Itupeva (across from Hopi Hari in the neighboring community of Itupeva), ☎ +55 11 4496-8000. Check website for working days. A water park of the American Wet'n Wild chain, with 12 rides and many food shops. from R$ 32,50 (bought in kiosks, for weekdays) to R$65,00 (in park entrance, for weekends).
- Festa da Uva de Vinhedo, Av. Apparecida Tellau Seraphim (at Parque Municipal Jayme Ferragut), ☎ +55 19 3876-4182. The highly popular annual grape and wine festival is actually older than the city itself, happening around February and lasting about 2 weeks. If includes Italian cultural presentations and typical food, wine tasting, fruit markets and other attractions. During the evenings, it showcases live musical performances of famous Brazilian artists of different styles.
- Cantina e Restaurante Família Azzolin, Rua Santa Cruz, 1362 - Pinheirinho, ☎ +55 19 3886-1472. tue-sun 11AM-03PM. Italian family restaurant, with a good choice of pasta and wines.