Victorville is a city in San Bernardino County in Southern California.
Victorville is a stop along Amtrak's daily Southwest Chief line between Los Angeles and Chicago. The westbound train to L.A. arrives at 4:18AM and the eastbound train to Flagstaff arrives at 9:10PM. The platform is located at 16858 South D Street and has no staff or facilities on site other than a simple shelter so tickets must be purchased in advance.
- By car The largest artery by vehicle in and out of the area is Interstate 15; the 15 is the main access between Southern California and Las Vegas / Lake Havasu and is heavily travelled, often by tractor trailers and trucks with boats or dirtbikes in tow. CHP patrols the I-15 corridor in Victorville heavily. The nearest city to the south is San Bernardino and Barstow to the north. Several highways branch off from I-15; Highway 395 going west to Palmdale is a hilly two-lane highway for much of its length and is known for being quite dangerous with frequent CHP speed traps. Highway 18 splits off of I-15 at D Street and continues through Apple Valley and on into Lucerne Valley and eventually Big Bear.
- B-V Link, ☎ +1 760 948-3030. M, W, Th 7:50AM-6PM. Bus service between Barstow and Victorville. One way $6, round trip $12, seniors/disabled are half price..
- Scandia Family Fun Center, 12627 Mariposa Rd, ☎ +1 760 241-4007. Winter: Su-Th 10AM-10PM, F-Sa 10AM-Midnight; Spring: Su-Th 10AM-11PM, F-Sa 10AM-1AM; Summer: Su-Th 10AM-Midnight, F-Sa 10AM-1AM; Fall: Su-Th 10AM-11PM, F-Sa 10AM-1AM. Go-kart racing, bumper boats, mini-golf and batting cages. $19 (unlimited pass).
- Hotel Extended Suites, 14786 Monarch Blvd, ☎ +1 760 843-3800. A real sleeper. Large kitchenette suites with separate bedroom(s). Hot breakfast every day. Nicely furnished and very helpful caring staff. Indoor pool, sauna and spa. Convenient to I15 and tons of shopping.
- Travel Inn & Suites, 14998 7th St (Located on Historic Route 66), ☎ +1 760-245-8627. A hotel located in the center of town and only 2 blocks from the San Bernardino County Fairgrounds.
|Routes through Victorville|