Trains between Geneva and Montreux travel along the northern shore of Lake Geneva and stop in Vevey. From elsewhere in Switzerland, you need to change in Lausanne. From Geneva the ride is about an hour and as of 2015 a return ticket costs CHF 56.
Take bus 1 from Montreux or Chateau de Chillon to Vevey's city centre and funicular.
Vevey is next to the east-west autoroute A9, and A12 connects the city to Berne in the northeast. For a more scenic drive, there's always the lakeside highway 9 from Lausanne or Montreaux.
You can walk most of the old town but for an excursion take the mountain railway to Pleiades for some great views and skiing in season. Make sure you get the Riviera Card at your hotel, you'll be able to use the bus for free.
You can also get a free bike for whole day with CFS 20 deposit, which just in front of "COOP" super market next to the train station.
- Magnific views from the lake and the lake shores.
- Musee l'Histoire de Vevey -- from the main train station take the main street, turn left and go along until you'll encounter the signs
- Monument de Henryk Sienkiewicz - the famous Nobel-prize winning writer's monument is located in the Grand Hotel du Lac (it's in the garden but the hotel's personnel is happy to help and talk about it). The writer was living and working there during his political emigration from occupied Poland.
- Alimentarium – Food Museum (Nestle).
- Mont Pelerin. From the main train station take the Bus 1, direction Vevey-Funiculaire (ticket 2.80CHF). Alternatively, it's a walk of seven blocks. The ticket for the funicular costs 10.80CHF (return) and offers nice views. The views and atmosphere on the Mont Pelerin are marvelous, but do take the hike trip to it's summit where the telecommunication tower is located. It takes a bit more than an hour to get there, following an asphalt path through the rural area, yet, sometimes it is rather sloppy but nothing special. The elevator for the tower costs 5CHF (3CHF for children <16yr, but recently it sells only children tickets due to a fault) and is fully automatic. It offers magnificent panoramic views on the Alps, Vevey and Montreux.
- In the summer you can rent a pedal boat or motor boat and take a trip on the lake. Rates vary from CHF 18 for 1/2h on a pedal boat up to CHF 220 for the largest motor boat for which you'd need a boat drivers licence.
- National Bar Expect the service to be a little slow when it's busy but if you're not in a hurry and are out for a good time the great atmosphere makes the wait worthwhile. The food is great and they keep changing the menu every month. During the summer they have a great terrace and in the winter it's the best place to go. It's located just outside the border of the main square on the right side if you're facing the lake.
- Restaurant des Trois Sifflets, Rue du Simplon 1, ☎ +41 21 921 14 13. The cheese fondue arrives with quite the fanfare.
- Charlies Just outside the main town square. During the summer they open the bar right on the border of the lake, it's the best place in town to relax and have a couple of beers until sunset.
- Le Ve
- The Rocking Chair.
- Hôtel des Trois Couronnes
- le Bout du Monde. Drink a toast to "the end of the world".
- Riviera Lodge backpacker, Grande place 5, ☎ +41 21 923 80 40, e-mail: email@example.com. Rooms 2, 4, 6 or 8 beds from chf. 27.-
- Hôtel de Famille, Rue des Communaux 20, ☎ +41 21 923 39 00, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Les Negociants, Rue du Conseil 27, ☎ +41 21 922 70 11, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Egli Bed and Breakfast, Chemin du Petit-Centenaire 8, 1802 Corseaux, ☎ +41 21 922 60 87. They have a cat, so beware if you are allergic. Views of the lake are amazing. You are staying in someone's home though. Nice place to start the wine hike or go up the funicular for dinner.
- Hotel Du Lac, 1 Rue d'Italie, ☎ +41 21 925 06 06. It opened in the winter of 2006 and it's an absolutely beautiful hotel, get a room facing the lake.
- Astra Pavillon, Place de la Gare 4, ☎ +41 21 925 04 04, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hôtel des Trois Couronnes, Rue d'Italie 49, ☎ +41 21 923 32 00, e-mail: email@example.com.