Vejle is on the main Copenhagen - Aarhus - Ålborg train line with several departures every hour. It is a stop for all trains passing through, including InterCityLyn (ICL) to and from Copenhagen Airport, and ICE (InterCity Europe) trains to/from Hamburg and Berlin.
Vejle is the close to motorway E45, that passes on the Vejle bridge. This is one of the rare places in jutland with regular traffic jams.
The local buses go from the trafikcenter at the train station
Vejle is home for the Vejle Boldklub Kolding. an old football club formerly known just as Vejle Boldklub. the club play it's home games at the Vejle stadium from 2008 with as located in the heart of the Nørreskov, located in the middle of the city. The club has won 5 titles as danish champions and 6 danish cup titles, although the last title was won in 1984. The club is known for players such as Allan Simonsen and Thomas Gravesen both born in Vejle. Vejle is also the Club where the famous danish forward Preben Elkjær retired.
Vejle is also known for hosting the Danish UCI Continental Circuit Post Danmark rundt. 14 out 22 times the race has been held Vejle has been the finishing city of a stage. The finish line is loacated at the end of Kiddesvej, a steep road for danish conditions and places in the middle of the city. In 2012 stars such as Tom Boonen, Andre Greipel and Mark Cavendish competed in the roads of Vejle.
Haraldskaer Woman, a well preserved Iron Age mummy displayed inside St Nicolai Church.
- Den Smidtske Gård, Søndergade 14. Old courtyard from 1799. Cafe Conrad and a branch of Vejle Museum is located here.
Visit the Vejle Museum of Art, with works of Rembrandt and Dürer.
- Conrad Cafe, Søndergade 14, ☎ +45 75720122, e-mail: email@example.com. Cafe located in Den smidske gaard.
- Caféen - Den Gamle Arrest, Klostergade 1, ☎ +45 75829300. A cafe in the old prison
- Vejle Vandrehjem (Vejle Youth & Family Hostel), Vardevej 485 (6 km outside Vejle center, bus no 2 go there 1-2 times an hour), ☎ +45 75825188, fax: +45 75831783, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-out: 10PM. bring IH card. You can rent linen for DKK 50 or bring your own. depends on number of people in a room, DKK 200 in shared room.
- Vejle Fjord, Sanatorievej 26, Stouby, ☎ +45 76823380, e-mail: email@example.com. Hotel, conference center, spa, and restaurant outside Vejle at the fjord.
- Haraldskær, Skibetvej 140, ☎ +45 76496000, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hotel and restaurant outside Vejle close to nature which gives a relaxing experience.
- Scandic Jacob Gade, Flegborg 8, ☎ +45 76 70 00 00, e-mail: email@example.com. New-built mid-range hotel attached to the Vejle Music Theatre, next to the City Park. Rooms are efficiently designed, and large for Scandinavia. 700 m from the railway station.
- BEST WESTERN ToRVEhallerne, Fiskergade 2-8, ☎ +4579427900, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 2pm, check-out: 12pm. BEST WESTERN ToRVEhallerne is located in the heart of Vejle only 2 minutes walt from the trainstation.
- Legoland theme park as well as Lalandia, a giant indoor waterpark with several other activities in Billund about 30 km from Vejle.
- Lion park Givskud zoo located 20 km outside Vejle. the zoo has a wide range of animals, worth mentioning is lions, rhinos, gorillas, giraffes, elephant and wolfs.
- Jelling, an UNESCO world heritage site. The old Danish capital with the Jelling stones and burial mound is ca 15 minutes north on the Struer train line, DKK 16.
|Routes through Vejle|
|Frederikshavn ← Horsens ←||N S||→ Kolding → Flensburg|