Valle San Giovanni
- Pescara Airport "Pasquale Lanzi", via Tiburtina (tel. +39 085 4313341)
The ruins of San Giovanni in Pergulis, an ancient church and convent. It is located on the road that leads to Valle Soprana
- Madonna della Neve (Our Lady of the Snow) A major religious festival which takes place the first weekend in August and celebrates an August snowfall marking the location of the present church in the town center.
- Talk to some of the people from this wonderful town and many will tell you about their relatives who emigrated to Canada (mostly to Montreal), Venezuela, and the United States (many to Penns Grove in the state of New Jersey).
- Something from Leonardo's hardware or Paolo's general or Irma's fruit store.
- Olive oil from the Oleificio Alto Tordino in nearby Travazzano.
Eat & Drink
Only one bar in the town. It is called Bar Novanta and is run by Francesca Marini. Not much to eat though. You will have to go to Teramo or to Fabiocchi, an agriturismo located in Frondarola located just 3 km to the east.
- Casale, Via del Casale, Sn, ☎ +1-301-571-8252. Small villa in village center. Sleeps 6. $500-600 /week.
- Visit the acheological museum in Teramo, the fortress in Civitella del Tronto, the ceramics center of Castelli, the religious mecca of San Gabriele, the Gran Sasso (the highest peak in the Apennine Mountain Range), or the nearby beachtown of Giulianova. All within a short drive.