- Lleida — door to the west Pyrenees mountains, has a Cathedral, the Seu Vella.
- Taüll — a particularly attractive place at the end of the bus route through the Boi Valley.
- Val d'Aran, the only region of Catalonia on the north face of the Pyrenees
- Vall del Corb, little valley between Lleida and Tarragona with a couple of medieval villages.
- Catalan Romanesque Churches of the Vall de Boí — nine world heritage listed churches in the Boí Valley.
Go to Les Alexandrias, a rugged western hamlet located near the Aragonese mountain range. Famous for its bull fighting festivals in which the bull holds a red cape and bullfighters run after it.