The most probable way to get in Ussuriysk is by inter city train either coming from Vladivostok or Khabarovsk but they're slowest mode of transportation as the train stop at every station along the route. The most impossible opportunity is a trip from North Korea on board of the Soviet steam engine crossing Russian border in Khasan. Buses shuttle between Khabarovsk and Vladivostok twice a day to and fro. Almost every hour a bus departs to Vladivostok and Nakhodka. However they happen to have no air-condition system inside, which is vital in summer. Daily buses to China are equipped with this "must". Bus station Tel.: +7 (4234) 32-22-70
Remember that the railway station and the city are located in some distance from each other, so use a taxi or a bus going "to the center". The downtown is easy to explore by foot.
In the downtown the historical development is well-preserved as of the end of the XIX - beginning of the XX centuries. So is the Temple Of Holy Lady. The monument of tortoise, a carved bìxì (Chinese: 赑屃), a mix of turtle and dragon can be found in the city's park. Previously such turtles were established on graves of the imperial family of Jurchen (女眞) people in the XII century.
- Ussuriysk kickboxing federation, 52, Gorkogo st..
- Entertainment Center Asteroid (Развлекательный Центр Астероид.), 73, Volochayevskaya st., ☎ +7 4234 33-32-66. Curling, airhockey, billiard, paintball, cafe.
Local brewery OAO 'Ussuriysky Balsam' produces a range of brands from bitters and semi-sweet liquors to cognacs, rums and vodkas flavored with essences extracted from the herbs, berries and sea mollusks of Primorsky Krai. Look for the brand alcohol shops 'Savva Vodochnikov' (Савва Водочников) to buy any of these beverages or visit a drug-store to acquire medical balsam 'Herbamarin'.
- Le Club, 73, Nekrasova st., ☎ +7 423 432-07-18.
- Dali, 48, Kalinina st..
- At the bus station (Автовокзала), 121 Chicherina st., ☎ +7 4234 32-0681.
- Novy Vek (Новый Век), 55, Sukhanova st., ☎ +74234 32-24-00. Mid-range priced hotel with single and double rooms.
- Ussuriysk (Уссурийск), 64 Nekrasova st. (In the center of the city.), ☎ +7 4234 32-8041, e-mail: email@example.com. Probably the largest hotel in town, which mostly cater to Chinese travellers. Have a Russian style cafe which serves Buffet style dining and a small adjacent bar. $20.
- Liner (Лайнер), 51, Frunze st., ☎ +7 4234 32-12-41.
- Patriot (Патриот), 87, Komsomolskaya st., ☎ +7 4234 33-75-54. Single rooms only for a reasonable price.
- Marco Polo, 32, Ageyeva st., ☎ +74234 32-04-72. Business hotel and restaurant.
- Postoyaly Dvor (Постоялый Двор), 45, Ageyeva st., ☎ +7 4234 320-013. Business hotel and restaurant offering single, double and quadruple rooms.
- Virtualny Mir (Виртуальный Мир), 100, Proletarskaya st., ☎ +7 423 433-85-47.
- NEO, 79, Nekrasova st., ☎ +7 423 433-85-47.
Ussuri Natural Reserve
|Routes through Ussuriysk|
|Irkutsk ← Khabarovsk ←||W E||→ Vladivostok|