- Trapani — attractive city and gateway to Pantelleria and the Egadi islands
- Calatafimi Segesta
- Castellammare del Golfo
- Erice — stunning medieval town, castle and great views over the west-coast. The cannoli at Cafe Maria are incredible and should not be missed.
- Marausa — town and beach just south of Trapani
- Marsala — interesting museum, home of the famous wine
- Mazara del Vallo — Arab influences including a Couscous festival
- San Vito lo Capo — the most beautiful beach on the island, surrounded by mountains
- Aegadian (Egadi) Islands — relaxing islands off the west coast
- Mozia — ancient Punic city built on the island of Mozia overlooking Marsala
- Pantelleria — Arab-influenced solitude
- Segesta — a Greek temple, theatre and ruins
- Selinunte — a group of impressive Greek temples and ruins of Greek city
Trapani Airport receives flights from a number of airlines, including international flights by Ryanair.
- Agrigento province – next province on the south coast, featuring ancient Greek temples and ruins
- Palermo province – next province on the north coast, including the city of Palermo with its monumental art and culture