Torbay is a seaside suburb on the North Shore of Auckland in New Zealand. It has few attractions of its own, but is close to the beaches of Long Bay and Browns Bay, as well as sporting its own Waiake Beach.
From Auckland, head north on State Highway 1 (Northern Motorway) and take the Oteha Valley Road off-ramp. Turn right and follow Oteha Valley Road to the traffic lights. Follow the AA signs through to Torbay. Distance from Auckland CBD: approx 30 km.
Auckland Transport is the local bus operator. Regular buses from Long Bay, central Auckland and Albany Megacentre travel throughout Torbay.
- Winstones Cove.
- Waiake Beach.
- Mediteran Restaurant, 1024 Beach Rd, ☎ +64 9 473 5555. Mediteran has long been a feature of old Torbay providing a cozy, relaxed atmosphere for groups and couples alike.
- Thai Torbay Restaurant, 1054 Beach Rd, ☎ +64 9 473 1674. Tu–Th 4:30PM–9:30PM, F–Sa 4:30PM–10PM, Su 4:30PM–9:30PM.
- Nite Spice Indian Restaurant, 1024 Beach Rd, ☎ +64 9 473 5555. Lunch Tu–F 11:30AM-2:30PM, dinner 5PM–late.
- Torbay Takeaways, 971 Beach Rd, ☎ +64 9 473 9229. Typical New Zealand fish and chip shop, nice and cheap.
- Sea Vista Apartments, 869 Beach Rd. Just 400 metres from Waiake beach.
- Long Bay with its large park and long beach is adjacent to Torbay on the north