Titusville is a city in Brevard County, East Central Florida, Florida.
- Amtrak, 1400 Sligh Blvd. Orlando, FL 32806
Since you'll need a car to get from the airports to Titusville anyway, you can get there by following State Route 50 from Orlando until it ends at the Indian River.
- Space Coast Area Transit is the name of the local Brevard County bus service. It is a cheap way to get around and is handicap accessible. The website provides maps and timetables. Buses travel to most sites and places of interest. $1.25 per ride, or $35 for a monthly pass.
- Kennedy Space Center, Nasa Parkway, ☎ +1 407 452-2121. The most famous attraction of the Cape Canaveral area, which brought on the nickname "Space Coast." Regularly scheduled tours of the facility and museum.
- Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. An area that is made up of all undeveloped land at Kennedy Space Center, this large area spans a variety of habitats. Half is brackish estuaries and marshes, and the rest include coastal dunes, scrub oaks, pine forests and flatwoods, and palm and oak hammocks. It is home to 16 threatened/endangered species, including the manatee, the Florida scrub jay, sea turtles, bald eagles, and others. Over 1,000 plant species and more than 500 species of wildlife have also been documented on the refuge, including 330 species of birds, 117 fishes, 65 amphibians and reptiles, and 31 mammals. Self-guided car and walking tours are offered. This is a remote area with virtually no amenities, but you can leave for lunch and return later if you wish.
- Cape Canaveral Air Force Station - The nearby launch site of unmanned rockets and satellites.
- View a rocket launch: Titusville is roughly due west from all the rocket launch facilities at KSC and Cape Canaveral AFS, across Indian River. Any coastal area of the city provides an excellent view of any launch.
- Cocoa Beach Sportfishing Charters, 800 Scallop Dr, ☎ +1 321-848-2662. Deep Sea Fishing Charters leaving from Cocoa Beach and Port Canaveral, 25 minutes drive from Titusville on the Space Coast. Catch Dolphin, Wahoo, Sailfish, Grouper and many others. Children Welcome.
Motels and Hotels
- Best Western Space Shuttle Inn, 3455 Cheney Highway, ☎ +1 321 269-9100, toll-free: +1-800-523-7654, fax: +1 321 383-4674.
- Clarion Inn, 4951 S Washington Ave, ☎ +1 321 269-2121.
- Hampton Inn, 4760 Helen Hauser Boulevard, ☎ +1 321 383-9191, fax: +1 321 383-9166.
- Ramada Inn Kennedy Space Center/Titusville, 3500 Cheney Highway, ☎ +1 321 269-5510.
|Routes through Titusville|