Regularly scheduled flights on airlines such as: Perimeter Air (778-5924), Calm Air (778-6471), and Dene Cree Air (778-5924) provide service to and from destinations throughout the province of Manitoba and beyond. Helicopter services are Canadian Helicopters (778-5049) and Custom Helicopter (677-3720).
VIA Rail (1-888-842-7245) provides service to and from Churchill, The Pas, Winnipeg and points in between.
- Greyhound, . Daily service to and from Winnipeg, Flin Flon and Lynn Lake and everywhere in between other connection points. Grey Goose Bus Lines (677-0360)
By public transit
Thompson's public transit service is provided by Grey Goose Bus Lines (677-0360). There is also one designated handivan, Thompson Handivan Service (677-3478). There are 2 regular routes Eastwood and Westwood, as well as overload bus for before and after school service for R.D. Parker Collegiate.
Taxi service is provided by: Driftwood-Nickel City (677-6000), North Star Taxi (778-3333), and Thompson Cabs (677-6262).
The Spirit Way Walkway
The Spirit Way Walkway highlights 16 points of interest with historical, cultural, geological, industrial, artistic, and scenic perspectives.
Take a brisk walk downtown past the post office, the liquor mart and the homeless shelter. See some of Manitoba's finest in action.
- Aviation Tribute, Mystery Lake Rd. Tribute to Lambair and Northern Aviation. Rebuilt Norseman float plane on banks of Burntwood River.
- Bailey Bridge, Behind City Hall. Restored section of World War II bridge designed by Sir Donald Bailey. Point of Interest along Spirit Way walkway.
- Howling Wolves Rockface. Start of Canada's largest rockface sculpture. A Spirit Way point of interest.
- Tribute to Commerce. A unique scenic viewpoint separating wilderness and urban life, old fur trade routes, and modern shopping malls. A Spirit Way point of interest.
- Heritage North Museum, Princeton Dr & Mystery Lake Rd, ☎ +1 677 2216. Start of Spirit Way pathway. A beautiful log cabin building housing northern artifacts. A Manitoba Star Attraction.
- Bateman Mural Viewpoint, 4 Nelson Road. Official viewpoint for largest lighted mural in the world.
- Bateman Wolf Mural, 274 Princeton Drive. Canada's largest photo real mural. Only mural of a Robert Bateman painting. Largest lighted mural in the world. A stunning masterpiece that can be seen a mile away.
- Tribute to Northern Firefighters, 30 Thompson Drive. The most unique statue in North America dedicated to Northern Firefighters. A tribute to municipal firefighters, forest firefighters, water bomber pilots, helitac crews, and mine rescue teams. A Spirit Way Point of Interest.
- GPS Wolf Hunt, along Spirit Way pathway. 35 wolf statues in Thompson. 7.5 ft high. 5500 lbs. Painted by northern artists. Part of a GPS Wolf Hunt to track down 49 statues in Churchill, Thompson and Winnipeg. Get your GPS Wolf Hunt Passport to start the Hunt and receive your personalized certificate.