Lot of places to visit around Theni. Theni is the place where you can stay and catch buses/ cars to go around the places. First District in tamilnadu(india) got a three international accreditation certificates – Quality Management System (ISO 9001), Environment Management System (ISO 14001) and Occupational Health and Safety Management (ISO 18001).
- Alagarsamy Temple, Gudalur. Very old temple.
- Kodaikanal Hill Station.
- Munnar Hill station.
- Thekkady Wildlife Sanctuary..
- Vaigai Dam. This is a famous dam across Vaigai river. Built across the majestic River Vaigai near Andipatti, the dam with a height of 111 feet can store 71 feet of water. It is 7 kms from Andipatti, 14 kms from Theni and 70 kms from Madurai. This dam was opened on January 21, 1959.The dam is unique for the sylvan garden around it. It is a popular picnic spot in this area.
- Vellimalai (Silver Mountain), Meghamalai. A densely forested place replete with natural flora and fauna is located 6.5 kms from Theni in the Varushanadu hill ranges.
- Megamalai Falls
Good shopping spot for Silk Sarees. Edamal street is a street where you can find lot of shops to shop in
- Hotel Everest.
- Hotel Theni International.
- Maruthi MulitCusine.
- Nandini Mulitcusine (near Cheran fun park).
- Hotel new pandian family restaurant A/C (hotel).
- Hotel Sivas Regency (Madurai Road, next to bus stand), ☎ +91 4546 25 44 25. Describes itself as having pleasant, quiet accommodations with a variety of amenities.
- Hotel Western Ghats, 78-A,N,R.T Road,Theni, ☎ +91 4546 251475, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Three-star hotel with roof top restaurant, swimming pool, gym and bar.