The Colony, City by the Lake, is located in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex region of Texas, less than 30 miles from Downtown Dallas. Best known for beautiful views of Lake Lewisville, The Colony extends 23 miles along its eastern shoreline, with hundreds of acres of wildlife and a myriad of recreational opportunities including camping, fishing, swimming, boating, hiking, picnicking and cycling.
The Colony can be accessed by Texas State Highway 121 from the south or 380 from the north. It's also located 5 miles from the Dallas North Tollway providing you a quick 25 minute drive to Dallas Love Field Airport. In addition, Texas State Highway 121 takes you right to the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport in no time. Surrounded by Plano, Frisco, Lewisville, Carrollton, Grapevine and Denton.
- Memorial to Veterans of the Armed Services. Located within The Colony Five Star Complex. The concept of the Veteran's Memorial began in 2003, with The Colony Masonic Lodge #1451's commitment to recognize and honor all Veterans. Bricks around the cenotaph display Veterans of the past, present and future and consist of the name, rank, branch of the military, and years of service for both active personnel and honorably discharged veterans.
The sports, outdoor, and water bound enthusiast can find plenty to do in The Colony. You can take to the water on 23 miles of shoreline, choose from a selection of 23 municipal parks, or visit multiple attractions while enjoying a relaxing and scenic atmosphere in The Colony.
Play golf on two of the "finest" golf courses in Texas or visit Stewart Creek Park and MarineQuest at Hidden Cove for camping, hiking, fishing, boating, swimming, or just unwinding in a scenic lake setting.
- Hawaiian Falls Water park.
- The Colony Aquatic Park. The Aquatic Park has a deeper indoor pool, a shallow outdoor leisure lagoon and an interactive splash zone. During the school year, the Aquatic Park shifts into a major kayak location, with a full range of classes. Lap swimming, party rentals, exercise classes, youth swim clubs, SCUBA and swim classes are also part of the winter schedule.
- The Tribute. Offers a recreation of many of the famous holes from Scotland's historic courses. If you want to play The Road Hole at St. Andrews, here's the next best thing. Located in the northern part of The Colony.
- CJ's Restaurant & Club.
- McSwiggan's Irish Pub.
- Nick's Grill & Bar.
- Stan's Lakeview Taphouse & Grill.
- Zen Bar Austin Ranch.
- Pat's Pub, 5204 S. Colony Blvd, ☎ +1 972-370-8456.
- The Tribute. Elegantly appointed guest suites at The Tribute for a weekend of golfing or retreating. All suites were custom designed after famous clubs in Scotland and come equipped with a flat screen television, free wireless high-speed internet access and beautiful antique furnishings.
- Comfort Suites. All guests at Comfort Suites will enjoy free full hot buffet breakfast, coffee, weekday newspaper and access to wired and wireless high-speed internet, business center, indoor heated pool, hot tub and fitness center.
- Budget Suites. Budge Suites is best known for fully furnished apartment style accommodations and come with all utility bills paid, free cable television and local calls, on-site laundry facilities, maintenance services, swimming pools and full-size kitchens complete with appliances.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites The Colony/Plano, 5909 Stone Creek Dr (Close to I-21), ☎ +1 972-370-7732. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Stylish, affordable rooms and suites. Free Wifi. Free Breakfast.
- Residence Inn The Colony/Plano, 6600 Cascades Ct (Close to I-21), ☎ +1 214-469-1155. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. All suite hotel ideal for hotel stays of 1 or over 30 days. Fully equipped kitchen, living area, free WiFi.