Texarkana is a city bisected by the Texas-Arkansas border; the west side of town is in Texas and the east side is in Arkansas. State Line Avenue runs right on the borderline.
Texarkana Regional Airport (IATA: TXK) connects via American Eagle Airlines to Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport. The nearest airport served by all all three major airline alliances is Shreveport Regional Airport (IATA: SHV) in Louisiana.
The airport is small with few amenities, but car rentals are available. Public transport is abysmal, nearest bus station is a 700 meter walk away at crossing of E Broad St and Airport Plaza.
Interstate Highway 30 (I-30) runs through north Texarkana and serves as part of the city's loop. US Route 71 (US-71) enters from Shreveport, Louisiana in the south and continues to Ft. Smith Arkansas in the North. US-71 serves as the dividing line between the Texas and Arkansas sides of the city through downtown. US Route 59 (US-59) Enters through the southwest corner of town where it merges with Loop 245 and I-30, which it follows out of town. US Route 67 (US-67) enters on the Texas side from Dallas in the middle of the city and exits in the northeast corner, headed to Little Rock. US Route 82 (US-82) enters Texarkana shadowing I-30 from Dallas, but takes a straighter path through the city. It exits town on the Arkansas side and continues through Mississippi and Georgia.
- Amtrak serves Texarkana daily with it's Texas Eagle route. The historic Texarkana Union Station is located on 100 E Front St, bisecting the state frontier between Texas and Arkansas.
Greyhound serves the city. Their terminal, Texarkana Greyhound is north of the city, on 405 E 51st St, along the I-30. Phone +1 870 774-5163. Local buses connect with city centre during day time.
Public transport is limited in Texarkana but there is a small bus network called T-Line. Buses usually departs once an hour.
- Texarkana College.
- Oaklawn Opry, 2729 New Boston Rd (Robinson at New Boston), ☎ +1 903 838-3333. Country/western music and comedy every Friday night.
- The Silvermoon on Broad, 217 W Broad St, ☎ +1 903-792-0562. Historic venue used for everything from weddings to dinner shows. Many events are open to the public.
- Big Jake's BBQ, 2610 New Boston Rd, ☎ +1 903 793-1169. Good barbecue accompanied with all-you-can-eat sides.
- Bryce's Cafeteria, 2021 Mall Dr, ☎ +1 903 792-1611. A local downhome cooking institution for over 75 years.
- The Cattleman's Steakhouse, 4018 N Stateline Ave. M-Th 5.30-9:30PM,F-Sa 5.50-10PM (Su closed). The oldest Steakhouse in town, over 40 years. Great steaks, seafood, chicken, etc. Their specialty is prime rib.
- Pecan Point Brewing Company, 213 Main St (Next to Perot Theatre), ☎ +1 903-306-0661. Gastopub combined with micro brewery, opened in 2014 in central Texarkana.
Almost all hotels are clustered around the Interstate highways, far from the city centre.
- Shamrock Motel, 717 N State Line Ave, ☎ +1 903-794-8276. One of few lodging options near downtown, however this motel is very rudimentary.
- La Crosse Hotel, 5100 N State Line Ave.
- La Quinta Inn, 5201 N State Line Ave, ☎ +1 903 794-1900.
- Wyndham Garden Texarkana, 5301 N State Line Ave, ☎ +1 903-792-3222.
The Texas side of town is in the 903 area code, while the Arkansas side is in the 870 area code.
|Routes through Texarkana|
|Dallas ← Marshall ←||SW NE||→ Hope → St. Louis|
|Dallas ← Mount Pleasant ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Hope → Little Rock|
|END ←||N S||→ Shreveport → Lafayette|
|Sallisaw ← Mena ←||N S||→ Jefferson → Marshall|
|Little Rock ← Hope ←||N S||→ Jct N S → Mount Pleasant → Dallas|
|Fort Smith ← Mena ←||N S||→ Shreveport → Alexandria|
|Gainesville ← Paris ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Garland → Greenville|