- This article is about the city. For the district, see Gujrat District, and for the Indian state, see Gujarat.
Gujrat is situated on the bank of the Chenab River, about 120km (75 miles) north of Lahore. The Grand Trunk Road passes through Gujrat city and you can reach Gujrat either from Lahore in two hours or from Rawalpindi/Islamabad in three hours. The city is surrounded by many villages which supply a significant labor to the local market.
Trains pass through Gujrat on their way to Peshawar and Karachi.
There are many historical buildings and ruins in and around Gujrat. The nearby towns of Jalal Pur Jattan, Pindi Miani, Shadiwal, Kalra, Tanda, Adowal, Gandra Kalan, Kotla, Dinga, Kunjah and many more have historical buildings and ruins.
- The Grand Trunk Road (commonly abbreviated as G.T. road) built by emperor Sher Shah Suri also passes through Gujrat. The road still exists today, along with its period stone wall.
- Gujrat Fort.
- Four main gates
- Pace A good shopping mall in town located on main G.T. Rd.
- Alena Shopping Mall
- Abdullha Mall, Katchery Rd.
- Sarwar Gold Plaza (near Pakistan Chowk).
- AFC G.T. Rd.
- Chicken Dabu G.T. Rd.
- Chicken Cottage, inside Pace Mall (G.T. Rd).
- Bahiya Pizza, Khawajgan Rd.
- Silver Spoon, Bimber Rd.
- KFC, Chenab River Side.
- Kinara Restaurant, Near Chenab River (inside Akbars Resort).
- Lords Hotel, Zahor Elahi stadium.
- Spring Onion, Prince Chowk.
- lemon bottles, machli chowk gujrat.
- Akbars Resort, Chenab River, GT Road, Wazirabad, ☎ +92 533 589555. A best option is to stay at this nice hotel which have some 26 different type of guest rooms and offers five star facilities to its guests. Popular Kinara Restaurant is located inside the resort.
- Sarai Alamgir