Although there's not much to do around Swartz Creek, many people are happy where they live and crime is minimal. Swartz Creek is a wonderful place to live if you're ready to retire, but younger people may be better suited to visiting Lansing, forty miles west.
Many living outside the city associated with the city as their mailing address PO is Swartz Creek, they live in the School District of the same name or have a Swartz Creek exchange telephone number.
I-69 has two Swartz Creek exits on Miller Road and Morrish Road with two others in the area: on Bristol Road, Flint Township near the airport and on Sheridan Road (M-13), Clayton Township. Swartz Creek lies west of Flint and east of Durand on the expressway.
- Bishop International Airport (IATA: FNT), , G-3425 West Bristol Road, ☎ +1 810 235-6560. Located right next door just about a mile away. See Flint for more details.
Although Swartz Creek may not be very big, you will still need a car or a good bike to get around. The city's main streets: 2/3 of Miller Road, Seymour and Elms, all have bike lanes. the state operates a public parking lot on Miller Road east of I-69 on the south side of the road.
- Genesee County's Mass Transportation Authority's Swartz Creek location offers Your Ride, a public location to location scheduled service. Rides must be schedule 24 hours in advance.
- Swartz Creek Art Gallery (Swartz Creek Art Guild), 8048 Miller Road (located downtown west of Morrish Road on the north side of the street), ☎ +1 810-630-6076, e-mail: email@example.com. Tuesday-Thursday Noon-5PM, Friday 3PM-7PM, Saturday Noon-4PM. Staffed by volunteers so call ahead. The Guild also holds drop-in art classes at the Gallery.
- Swartz Creek Historical Mini-Museum (take Miller or Morrish Road to Paul Fortino Drive to Civic Drive; located at Swartz Creek City Hall, Civic Drive). run by the Swartz Creek Area Historical Society with limited hours. Has various documents and displays about the Crapo Farms
- Cha-Wa-Use-Skah-Keaug Chippewa Burial Ground (Three Pines Indian burial ground) (off Seymour Road and south of Miller Road).
- Swartz Creek City Parks (Swartz Creek Parks and Recreation), 8083 Civic Drive, ☎ +1 810-635-4464. free except for scheduled pavilion rental.
- Bicentennial Park, Morrish Road & Miller Road (located downtown on both sides of Morrish Road south of Miller Road). 8AM to Dusk. a small park with a single first come first serve pavilion free.
- Elms Road Park, 4125 Elms Rd, Swartz Creek (just north of I-69 & Miller Road). 8AM to Dusk. the city's premiere park with a playscape, play ground, 5 pavilions, a baseball diamond, football field, volleyball, tennis and basketball courts. During the winter, the hill is available for sledding and there is an ice pond for skating. free except for Pavilion Reservation fee $70 or $120.
- Winshall Park, 5225 Winshall Dr., Swartz Creek (located along the Swartz Creek west branch in the city's largest subdivision, Winchester Village). 8AM to Dusk. This park has a tot lot play area, multi station fitness trail, play ground, pavilions, basketball court, baseball fields. free except for Pavilion Reservation fee $70.
- Swartz Creek Area Veteran's Memorial, Paul Fortino Drive (Miller Road to Fortino Drive). dawn to dusk. completed on Flag Day 2013 with the placement of the military service animal representative, a service dog. This location should have events on Memorial Day, Flag Day, and Veterans Day. free.
- Cage Fieldhouse (Cage Sports), 4110 Morrish Rd. (north of I-69). Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9:30am-4:00pm; Tuesday 9:30am-8:00pm; Saturday 8:30am-8:00pm Sunday - 12:30pm-8:00pm. Owned by the Swartz Creek School District, but operated by Cage Sports. Various basketball leagues, tournament and individual instruction for kid like AAU and other youth leagues. Call for Tuesday nights court rental.
- Genesee Valley Meadows Golf Course, 5499 Miller Road, ☎ +1 810 732-1401. Golf season is April 1st to December 12th. The Meadow is a 18 hole, 6867 yards golf course with a slope rating of 133 and a 73.2 USGA rating. $30 greens fees.
- Swartz Creek Area Historical Society, City Hall, Civic Drive (take Miller or Morrish Roads to Paul Fortino Drive, Fortino Drive to Civic Drive, first left). 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7pm. The group's monthly meeting has historical presentations from "show and tell" to Dr. Mudd to the Crapo Farms to the city's sole and unsolved murder. free.
- Swartz Creek Performing Arts Center, 1 Dragon Drive (Miller Road entrance just west of Fairchild Street on the south side), ☎ +1 810-591-1948. varies. will be hosting school concert band, choir, live stage events plus professional touring shows and concerts varies.
Festivals and Events
- Hometown Days, Kincaid ground, Morrish Road & Bicentennial Park plus a closed off Morrish Road. This festival is held the last weekend starting in May. Includes baby contest, singing contest, a car show on Fortino Drive, fireworks, parade, silent auction, 5k road race, carnival with rides, entertainment and exhibits.
- Krystal ArtFest (formerly Art in the Park), Cage Fieldhouse, 4110 Morrish Rd. (north of I-69 on Morrish Road). juried art event with vendors $3.
- The Fred and Phyllis Pajtas Theater, 8099 Civic Drive, Swartz Creek, MI 48473 (take Miller or Morrish Road to Paul Fortino Drive to Civic Drive). An outdoor Amphitheater that you must bring your own seats or blankets. parking at City Center parking, Post Office, Chase Bank and on north side of Fortino Drive free.
- Family Movie Nights, The Fred and Phyllis Pajtas Theater. are held every other week on Friday night June to August. A free bounce house opens at 7:30 PM and the movie begins at dusk. Bring your own seats or blankets. free.
- Summer Concerts (Swartz Creek Fine Arts Association), The Fred and Phyllis Pajtas Theater. Tuesday nights at 7 PM to 9 PM. free outdoor concert running from mid-June to early August at an outdoor amphitheater. Concession and hot dog stands on site. Free prize drawings. Bob Smeets Coney Night on the last regularly scheduled night. Two make up nights on Tuesday follow the regular schedule. free.
- Assenmacher 100. This event is sponsored by Genesee Wanderers Bicycle Club and is non-competitive bicycle ride that starts in the city at Assenmacher Cycling Center with five different routes from the 20 miles flat to the Century route (100 miles flat to moderate hills). Started in 1980, the ride is held the third Sunday in August and is endorsed by the Governor's Council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sports. Parking available at Swartz Creek Community School including Mary Crapo at 8197 Miller Road individual-family $15-$35, after August 1: $20/$45 00.
- Assenmacher Cycling Centers, 8053 Miller Rd, ☎ +1 810-635-7844, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mon & Fri 9:30-7:00 Tue, Wed & Thu 9:30-6:00 Sat 9:30-5:00. premiere bicycle shops in the county as they manufactured their own custom bicycles and offer frame repair.
- Lovegroves Cake and Candy Center, 8055 Miller Road, downtown, ☎ +1 810-635-4364. M-F: 9am to 6pm, Saturday: 9am to 4pm Closed on Sunday. stocks a wide range of cake and candy making supplies. Also holds classing in cake decorating and technique.
- Library Friends monthly book sales (LOBBY OF Swartz Creek City Office Lobby, 8083 Civic Dr.), e-mail: email@example.com. first Saturday of the month from 10 AM to 2 PM. $.25-$1.25.
- Stallings Stained Glass, 8011 Miller Road (downtown, enter the public partking lot off Morrish Road south of Miller Road.), ☎ +1 810-630-9103. Monday - Friday 10:00am - 5:00pm; Saturday 10:00am - 4:00pm; Closed Sunday. attend classes, purchase supplies and buy fully made stain glass objects
- Dave's Pizzeria & Family Restaurant (Dave's Pizza), 8013 Miller Rd (located downtown south side, use city's Morrish Road parking lot with entrance just south of Miller Road), ☎ +1 810 635-3030. Italian fare plus $$.
- Country Carriage Restaurant, 9237 Miller Rd, Swartz Creek, MI 48473-8528 (go west on Miller Road from downtown), ☎ +1 810-635-2431. American general restaurant
- JT's Country Kitchen
- Sports Creek Raceway
- B&T Pizza Plus
- Jan's Bar
- Hank and Don's Bar
- Scooter's Bar, Hill Road and Torrey Road, Mundy Township
Gateway area, Mundy Township
These hotels are located in the Gateway area, six miles from Swartz Creek center and three miles from the airport terminal.
- Americas Best Value Inn Flint, 6075 Hill Road 23 Drive, Flint (by highway: I-69 to I-75 to US 23 take Hill Road exit right on Hill Road then left on Hill Road 23 Drive), ☎ +1 810-233-9000, toll-free: +1-877-267-3844, e-mail: FrontDesk@AmericasBestValueFlint.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Midscale, smoke-free hotel with elevator, heated indoor swimming pool and free internet access and parking. $81-$120.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Flint, 6060 Rashelle Drive, Flint (by highway: I-69 to I-75 to US 23 take Hill Road exit right on Hill Road then left on Hill Road 23 Drive which turns into Rashelle Drive), ☎ +1 810-234-8400, fax: +1 810-234-8464. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. indoor swimming pool, fitness center, Free Internet access, free Parking
- Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Flint, 5205 Gateway Centre, Flint, ☎ +1 810-232-3500, toll-free: +1 810-232-3500, fax: +1 810-232-7373. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12PM. $89-109.
- Holiday Inn Gateway Centre Flint
- Residence Inn by Marriott Flint
|Routes through Swartz Creek|
|Lansing ← East Lansing ←||W E||→ Flint → Port Huron|