Surathkal is on the shore of the Arabian Sea. It is part of Tulunadu also called Karavali in Kannada, meaning coastal region of Karnataka state.
Surathkal is the educational, industrial centre, which has the finest beaches. There is National Institute of Technology, Govindadasa college and Vidyadayanee High School. There are many factories like Mangalore refinery, Mangalore Fertilizers and BASF in and around Surathkal.
Visit beach in front of NITK ( formerly KREC ) and also Sadashiva Temple nearby.
- Hotel Sadanand ( Boarding and Lodging )
- Hotel Maharaja International ( Boarding and Lodging )
- Panjabi Dhaba(Non-Vegetarian Restaurant)
- City Lunch Home
- Hotel Woodlands
- Hotel Panchami(Closed now)
- Hotel Lalit ( Boarding and Lodging )
- Samudra Darshan (for vadas,lassi and juice)
- Garuda Bar,
- Ruchita Bar
- Akshaya Bar provide for great alcoholic ventures....
For classy ambience, Sadanand has an air conditioned bar attached.... The shady coffee shop Krishna at the gates of NITK serves amazing coffee and Lassi.