Stevens Point is a town in North Central Wisconsin.
Stevens Point is located at the crossroads of Interstate 39 and US Route 10. It is about a 90 minute drive north of Madison on I-39, about 25 minutes south of Wausau on I-39, and about an hour west of Appleton on US 10. From larger cities, it is about a three and a half hour drive from the edges of either Minneapolis or Chicago in optimal driving conditions.
A walk along the Wisconsin River is a must especially in the fall when the leaves are in full color. The historic downtown area near the river is also quite enjoyable, filled with shops and local eateries.
- Stevens Point Brewery, 2617 Water Street, ☎ +1 715 344-9310. This brewery has been in constant operation since 1857. The tour is interesting and informative. The tour costs $3.00 but at the end you will more than make up for it in the tasting room. They serve any of their locally produced beers or sodas at your request. In addition, the gift shop has a wide selection of items.
- The World's Largest Trivia Contest, Citywide. Every April, the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point's campus radio station, WWSP (89.9 FM) holds a 54-hour long trivia contest that is the largest in the World. Each year approximately 400 teams and 12,000 players answer questions about anything and everything and compete for the Point Cup. Another trivia contest is held in October in which no outside sources (books, internet, etc) are allowed.
- UWSP Museum of Natural History, 900 Reserve St, ☎ +1 715 346-2858. The Museum of Natural History is an integral educational entity within the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point concerned with diversity and relationships in nature and among cultures. This professionally maintained academic resource provides an opportunity for greater public understanding and appreciation for the world in which one lives through exhibitions, education, research and public service.
The Museum of Natural History is a program affiliated with the UWSP College of Letters & Science and is open when school is in session at which time the public is welcome to walk through to visit the exhibits. Free.
- Gyros and Kebab House, 1117 Main Street, ☎ +1 715 341-5411. Really good atmosphere and food, features traditional floor seating. $7-$10 for entree.
- Polito's Pizza. Also located on main street, Polito's is a local favorite known for its classic pizza flavors, as well as new innovative styles (such as a Mac-n-Cheese Pizza). The food is cheap but there isn't that much seating. This isn't usually a problem unless it's very busy.
- O'so Brewing Company, 3028 Village Park Drive, Plover, WI 54467, ☎ +1 715-254-2163. Mon-Thurs 3pm-9pm Fri-Sat 3pm-10pm Tours on Saturdays @ 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm Closed Sundays
- Fairfield Inn Stevens Point, 5317 US Hwy 10 East, ☎ +1 715 342-9300, fax: +1 715 342-9300.
- Holiday Inn, 1001 Amber Avenue, ☎ +1 715 344-0200.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1100 Amber Avenue, ☎ +1 715 344-0000.
- Comfort Inn, 1560 American Drive (Plover), ☎ +1 715 342-0400. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
|Routes through Stevens Point|
|to Hurley ← Wausau ←||N S||→ Coloma → Madison|
|Saint Paul ← Neillsville ←||W E||→ Waupaca → Appleton|