St. Ignace can be reached from the south over the 5-mile-long Mackinac Bridge. The north-south I-75 connects Sault Ste Marie, on the northern border of the United States, with Detroit. U.S. 2 connects St. Ignace with Duluth and points west.
St. Ignace has a paved runway but no commercial air service. Ferryboat lines run from St. Ignace to Mackinac Island in the late spring, summer, and fall.
- The Museum of Ojibwa Culture, 500 N. State St. On St. Ignace's waterfront, celebrates the 1671 establishment of contact between the Ojibwa (also called Chippewa or Anishinabe) people and the French-Canadians. The grounds of the Museum contains the site of the Mission Chapel, reconstructions of the "long homes" built by local Native Americans, and a gravesite believed to be that of explorer Jacques Marquette. As of January 2006, the Museum was open from Memorial Day weekend until early October of each year. The admission fee was $2.00.
- Straits State Park. Includes the Father Marquette National Memorial.
Go to the Putt Putt Golf. Go Para-Sailing, it's a great way to see the island and so much more!
- St. Ignace is on the eastern end of Upper Peninsula pasty country. While the Cornish pasty is more closely identified with the hard-rock mining country of the central and western Upper Peninsula, the main dish can be found in and around St. Ignace, typically from small roadside diners on U.S. Highway 2 west of the town.
- Mackinac Island-style fudge can be purchased on the town's waterfront main street.
- Bentley's BNL Cafe is a wonderful stop for lunch while passing through. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as ice cream treats. The whitefish is fresh daily from Lake Huron.
- Comfort Inn Beachside St. Ignace Hotel 927 N. State St. Tel: (906) 643-7733. Fax: (906) 643-6420.
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Straits Breeze St. Ignace Hotel 680 US 2. Tel: (906) 643-9688. Fax: (906) 643-6320.
- Quality Inn Lakefront St. Ignace Hotel 1021 N. State St. Tel: (906) 643-7581. Fax: (906) 643-8573. Balcony view of Mackinac Island. Located on the shores of Lake Huron. Secure Online Reservations.
- Quality Inn St. Ignace Hotel 913 Boulevard Drive. Tel: (906) 643-9700. Fax: (906) 643-6762.
- Rodeway Inn St. Ignace Hotel 750 US 2 W. Tel: (906) 643-8511. Fax: (906) 643-6358. Within minutes of St. Ignace attractions and close to a choice of neighborhood restaurants.
|Routes through St. Ignace|
|Sault Ste Marie ←||N S||→ Mackinac Bridge → Mackinaw City|
|Escanaba ← Manistique ←||W E||→ END|