St. Helens (Oregon)
St. Helens is the largest city and county seat of Columbia County, Oregon and had a population of 12,883 at the 2010 census. Located on the Columbia River, the city is about 30 miles north of Portland and 24 miles south of Longview, Washington. Several films have been partially shot in St. Helens, notably Twilight and Halloweentown.
The majority of attractions and businesses are concentrated in downtown and along Columbia Boulevard. St. Helens, therefore, is easily walked.
- Dockside Steak & Pasta, 343 S. 1st Street, ☎ +1 503 366-0877. Sun-Thu: 11AM-9PM, F-Sat: 11AM-10PM.
- Klondike Restaurant & Bar, 71 Cowlitz St. (corner 1st), ☎ +1 503-366-2634. Summer (Mon-Wed: 11AM-9PM, Thu-F: 11AM-10PM, Sat: 8AM-10PM, Sun: 8AM-9PM), Winter (Mon-F: 11AM-9PM, Sat-Sun: 8AM-9PM). Serves a variety of American dishes, as well as steak and seafood.
- Roythai, 295 Strand, ☎ +1 503 410-5155.
- SunShine Pizza, 2124 Columbia Blvd, ☎ +1 503 397-3211. Mon-Wed: 7AM-9PM, Thu-Sat: 7AM-10PM, Sun: 7:30AM-9PM. Thin-crust pizza and a variety of pasta, bread, and salads in a family/large group friendly environment. Pizzas vary in price from approximately $10 for small to $25 family size. Other dishes generally $5-10..
- Noi's Thai Kitchen, Firlock Park Blvd & Hwy 30, ☎ +1 971 222-4817.
- Dari Delish, 1680 Columbia Blvd, ☎ +1 503 397-2129. A 50s themed fast food restuarant with a walk-up window and outside seating. Burgers, hot dogs, and, of course, ice cream treats are the specialty. Keeping with the retro style, credit and debit are not accepted.
- Bertucci's, 2017 Columbia Blvd, ☎ +1 503 366-9602. 9AM-5PM. Specialty chocolates, sandwiches and coffee.
- Ye Ol' Grog Distillery, 35855 Industrial Way, Unit C, ☎ +1 503-366-4001. Mon-Wed: 1PM-5PM, Sat-Sun: 1PM-4PM. Manufactures whiskey and vodka. Tasting room open during the afternoon.
- Best Western Oak Meadows Inn, 585 South Columbia River Highway.
Bed & Breakfasts
- Seawright House, 134 N. 2nd St, ☎ +1 503-366-3035. Two suites are available in this restored 1910 home located in the historic Riverfront District of St. Helens. The Luxury Suite occupies the first floor (minimum stay is 7 nights.) The Penthouse Suit occupies the upper floor (minimum stay is 3 nights.) $179.95/night.
|Routes through St. Helens|
|Astoria ← Jct N ←||W E||→ Portland → The Dalles|