- Amtrak serves Sparks with the California Zephyr, which runs daily between Emeryville (in the San Francisco Bay Area) and Chicago.
- Megabus offers service from San Francisco and Sacramento. The bus stop is located at the RTC Centennial Plaza at 1421 Victorian Avenue.
- Sparks Museum & Cultural Center, 814 Victorian Ave, ☎ +1 775 355-1144, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. T-F 11AM-4PM, Sa 1PM-4PM.
- Sparks Marina, 300 Howard Dr. 6AM-10PM. Has recreational water activities, beaches, picnic areas, fishing, playgrounds and dog parks.
- 7 Troughs Distilling Co, 1155 Watson Way. T-F 3PM-6PM, Sa 11AM-6PM. They make a moonshine, a vodka and a rum. Call for tours/tastings.
- Scheels Outfitters, 1200 Scheels Dr (Legends at Sparks Marina), ☎ +1 775 331-2700. The Sparks Scheels location is the largest sporting goods store in the world.
- Black Rock Pizza Co, 2855 N McCarran Blvd (in the Raley's Shopping Center), ☎ +1 775 356-1771. Has gourmet pizza.
- Blind Onion Pizza & Pub, 824 Victorian Sq, ☎ +1 775 351-2000 x1. Su-Th 11AM-10PM, F-Sa 11AM-11PM.
- Western Village Steakhouse, 815 Nichols Blvd (at Western Village Inn & Casino), ☎ +1 775 353-4916. Su-Th 16:30-21:00, F-Sa 16:30-22:00. Reservations recommended
- Great Basin Brewery, 846 Victorian Ave, ☎ +1 775-355-7711. Su-M 11AM-9PM, T-Sa 11AM-10PM. Only brewhouse in Sparks. Happy hour is from 3-6PM. Has another location further south in Reno.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, 2085 Brierley Way, ☎ +1 775 355-7700, fax: +1 775 355-7376.
- Motel 6 Reno Airport - Sparks, 2405 Victorian Ave, ☎ +1 775 358-1080, fax: +1 775 358-4883.
- Reno by public bus #11
|Routes through Sparks|
|Sacramento ← Reno ←||W E||→ Fernley → Salt Lake City|