Southwestern Niger is the western and southernmost region of Niger, spanning the Tillabére and Dosso provinces as well as the nation's capital on the Niger River.
- Ayorou — an important market town on a picturesque section of the Niger River.
- Baleyara — a market town home to one of West Africa's largest animal markets.
- Dosso — at the junction of the roads to Benin and Zinder, this small town has a colorful market and an even more colorful chief's palace.
- Niamey — the laid back national capital.
- Koure — home to the last herd of giraffes.
- W National Park — one of the Sahel's most important nature reserves and a popular tourist destination, straddling the border with Burkina Faso and Benin.