The region is famous for its Painted Monasteries - some of them listed as UNESCO world heritage sites.
- Eight churches in the region make up the World Heritage site "Churches of Moldavia":
- Putna Monastery (Mănăstirea Putna).
- Hermit Daniil's Cave (Chilia lui Daniil Sihastrul).
- Moldovița Monastery (Mănăstirea Moldovița).
- Sucevița Monastery (Mănăstirea Sucevița).
- Dragomirna Monastery (Mănăstirea Dragomirna).
- Arbore Church (Biserica Arbore).
- Probota Monastery (Mănăstirea Probota).
- Church of the Holy Cross, Pătrăuți (Biserica Înălțarea Sfintei Cruci, Pătrăuți).
The road to Borsa (no. 18) is catastrophic. It is full with holes, so unless you really need to travel, choose another direction. For a distance of 25 km, you can go at the maximum of 20 km/hour. Also, with motorcycles you really need to choose another direction.