- Asan - Korea's oldest hot spring resort
- Boryeong - known for its mud, and more recently, Korea's mud festival
- Buyeo - one of the ancient capitals of the Baekje Dynasty
- Cheonan - site of the Independence Hall, South Korea's largest museum
- Daejeon - one of Korea's fastest growing cities, engulfing the hot-spring town of Yuseong
- Gongju - small mountain city backing onto a national park, original capital of the Baekje Dynasty
- Hongseong county
South Chungcheong is one of the richest provinces in South Korea, situated directly south of the capital Seoul on the Yellow Sea.