South Bohemia is a region in the Czech Republic.
- České Budějovice. Attractive large city in South Bohemia best known for the original Budweiser beer
- Český Krumlov. Beautiful old town with the country's second biggest chateau, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Nové Hrady. A small town at the border to Austria, a gateway to Novohradske Mountains
- Třeboň. A spa town located in the lake area Třeboňsko
- Slavonice. A small town with well-preserved renaissance hitoric centre
- Písek. Old town with the oldest stone bridge in the Czech Republic
- Tábor. Historic town, centre of Hussite revolution
- Holašovice. An example of village in South Bohemia Rural Baroque style in UNESCO.
- Šumava (Bohemian Forest). A mountain range (including the Šumava National Park) stretching along the German and Austrian border.
- Třeboňsko. A cultural landscape with lakes, watlands and mires.
- Blanský les. A protected landscape area near Český Krumlov. There is a mountain Kleť with an astronomical observatory.
- The historical village of Holašovice, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- State chateau of Hluboká (Státního zámku Hluboká), Bezručova 142, Hluboká nad Vltavou. National cultural monument.
- Zlatá Koruna monastery (Klášter Zlatá Koruna), Zlatá Koruna 1. National cultural monument.
- Lipno Dam
There is a vast network of cycle paths in South Bohemia. If you're interested in cycle touring holidays, try to get hold of a map.
South Bohemia is a very safe region.