Smithfield and Selma are a pair of adjacent towns in Johnston County, North Carolina.
Interstate 95, U.S. Highways 70 and 301.
- Amtrak, 500 E Railroad St, Selma. Selma is served by the Carolinian and Palmetto lines.
- Ava Gardner Museum, 325 E Market St, Smithfield (between 3rd and 4th Sts), ☎ +1 919 934-5830. M-Sa 9AM-5PM, Su 2PM 5PM. A museum dedicated to the Hollywood actress, who spent her childhood in Smithfield. $7 adults, $6 seniors/students/military, $5 children.
- Johnston County Heritage Center, 241 E Market St, Smithfield (at 3rd St), ☎ +1 919 934-2836. M-Sa 9AM-5PM. A museum of local history and genealogy, housed in a former bank. Free.
- Carolina Premium Outlets, 1025 Industrial Park Dr, Smithfield (I-95 exit 95), ☎ +1 919 989-8757. Outlet mall with 80 stores.
- Orchard House Booksellers, 117 N 3rd St, Smithfield (between Market and Bridge Sts), ☎ +1 919 938-1511. M-Sa 7AM-8PM. New and used books. Also contains a coffee shop with free Wi-Fi.
- Don Beto's Tacos, 720 Ricks Rd, Selma (northeast of US Hwy 70, I-95 exit 97), ☎ +1 919 202-4566. Casual Mexican restaurant. There's a drive-thru window, but the menu is much more limited than what is offered for diners inside.
- Sami's Pizza, 25 Jr Rd, Selma (I-95 exit 97), ☎ +1 919 202-0082. 10AM-10PM daily. This pizzeria doesn't look like much from outside (it's attached to a gas station), but it's owned by a family of Brooklyn natives who serve the best New York-style pizza in the state.
|Routes through Smithfield-Selma|
|Washington, D.C. ← Wilson ←||N S||→ Fayetteville → Savannah|
|Richmond ← Wilson ←||N S||→ Benson → Fayetteville|
|Durham ← Raleigh ←||W E||→ Princeton → Morehead City|