Sioux City is located on the western edge of the state of Iowa. It is located on the Missouri River and many parts of Sioux City are located among the unique Loess Hills formations.
- Sioux Gateway Airport (IATA: SUX) has nonstop service twice daily on American Eagle to Chicago-O'Hare.
- Greyhound Greater Sioux City Depot, 501 Nebraska St, Sioux City IA +1 712 255-7678
- Trinity Heights, 33rd & Floyd Blvd, ☎ +1 712 239-8670. 10AM-8PM daily. Giant Jesus and Mary statues made of metal. A life-size wood carving of the Last Supper. Trinity Gardens. Free.
- Sioux City has tons of great stuff. Go to hockey games here.
- See a show at the Orpheum Theatre. Throughout the years, the Orpheum Theatre has been used for symphony performances, ballet and special attractions and hosted entertainers such as Fred Astaire, Tallulah Bankhead, and Katherine Hepburn. For a number of years the theatre was closed but the Orpheum Theatre was re-opened on September 15, 2001. Since the grand re-opening, the theatre has provided the Siouxland area an opportunity to attend performances by fabulous performers like Bill Cosby, Sheryl Crow, BB King, Bob Dylan, Wynton Marsalis, David Copperfield, Willie Nelson, Jewel, Alison Kraus, Jerry Seinfeld, And "Weird Al" Yankovic. In addition, thousands have witnessed spectacular Broadway shows and enjoyed hearing the Sioux City Symphony.
- Sport activities are located at the new Tyson Event Center.
- Saturday in the Park. An annual music festival that is held primarily at the Grandview Park Municipal Bandshell in Sioux City, Iowa. Started in 1991, the festival falls on the Saturday closest to the 4th of July and attracts around 50,000 people from all over the Midwest for the weekend.
There are some nice places to shop downtown and the biggest mall is the Southern Hills Mall.Another addition to the shopping area is the new Lakeport Commons area which gives a better variety of stores
- Miles Inn, 2622 Leech Ave., ☎ +1 712-276-9625. Stop in for Charlie Boy and a Schooner.
- La Juanitas, 1316 Pierce St, ☎ +1 712-279-0772. Flavorful Mexican food, open late for the bar crowd.
- El Fredo Pizza, 523 West 19th Street, ☎ +1 712-258-0691. A Sioux City original, with a sweet and spicy pizza sauce.
- Bev's on the River, Larson Park Rd, ☎ +1 712-224-2387. Fine dining, patio and bar with excellent views of the Missouri River.
- Days Inn (Get off at the US 20 exit from I-29 and go east. it will be on your right.
|Routes through Sioux City|
|Sioux Falls ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Missouri Valley → Omaha|
|Valentine ← O'Neill ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Jct → Cedar Falls → Fort Dodge|
|Luverne ← Le Mars ←||N S||→ Omaha → Topeka|