Sinaloa is a state in Northern Mexico.
- Culiacán -- Capital of Sinaloa, and major agricultural hub
- Mazatlán -- A Beach resort
- Guasave -- The agricultural heart of Mexico
- Los Mochis -- "The entrance" to the Copper Canyon
- Topolobampo -- Port town of Los Mochis, surrounded by bays and mangroves
- El Fuerte -- A colonial gem
- Cosalá -- A charming town named a "Pueblo Mágico" by Mexico's Secretariat of Tourism (SECTUR)
Sinaloa is rather like the country of Chile in that it is a long narrow strip of land with ocean on its west and mountains in the east. As a result there are a lot of overlooked beaches and mountain playgrounds for those willing to get off the beaten path and explore a bit.
- The Islands and Protected Areas of the Gulf of California — a UNESCO World Heritage site, shared with three other Mexican states
Sinaloa has the highest murder rate of any state in Mexico, so be cautious (especially in the northern region).