Sherman Oaks is located at the southeast corner of the intersection of Interstate 405 (San Diego Freeway) and US Route 101 (Ventura Freeway).
The closest airport to Sherman Oaks is Bob Hope Airport in Burbank.
- Ultrazone Sherman Oaks, 14622 Ventura Blvd, ☎ +1 818 789-6620. Ultrazone is a laser tag facility that is open for laser tag games as well as birthday parties. There is also a video game arcade there.
- Sherman Oaks Galleria, 15301-15303 Ventura Blvd. A good place to experience the natural habitat of the Valley Girl. While it is primarily a hangout and a melting pot for all the valley's youth, the Galleria also houses a popular multiplex (recently transformed into an ArcLight featuring over 21 theatres where drinks are allowed), a furniture store, a few clothing stores, and several restaurants. A perfect spot to grab dinner and a movie if you're in the area.
- Buffalo Exchange. A thrift store popular with the indie scene. A great stop if you've got some clothes to give up, or if you're looking for some cheap new threads. A second store opened up in Westwood rather recently.
- Aahs!. A store in the California chain specializing in novelty items, cards, and all sorts of other interesting junk. Worth a visit for collectors or fans of the weird. Their merchandise can either be a bargain or a ripoff, so think before buying.
- Barone's Famous Italian Restaurant, 14151 Ventura Blvd, ☎ +1 818 784-6266. Known for its pizza, made with traditional ingredients. The pasta dishes are also good and follow traditional recipes.
- Casa Vega, 13301 Ventura Blvd, ☎ +1 818 788-4868. Open since 1958, the restaurant offers reasonably priced Mexican food with strong but otherwise average margaritas. No reservations, and the wait can be long on weekends.
- The Great Greek, 13362 Ventura Blvd (east of Dixie Canyon Avenue), ☎ +1 818 905-5250. Open for lunch and dinner. A lively Greek restaurant with good food and dancing waiters. Complimentary valet parking. $20.00 - $40.00 per person without wine.
- Il Tiramisu, 13705 Ventura Blvd, ☎ +1 818 986-2640. Featuring everything from sauteed shrimp to stuffed crepes to daily fish specials at moderate prices.
- La Fogata, 5142 Van Nuys Blvd, ☎ +1 818 501 9065. Excellent unpretentious and reasonably priced Mexican food, much beloved by Valley natives.
- Marmalade Café, 14910 Ventura Blvd, ☎ +1 818 905-8872. A pricey yet very tasty place, particularly known for its breakfasts. Expect a high-class dining experience and a slightly older crowd. Breakfasts between $10 and $15 per item in very generous portions, with other meals slightly more expensive.
- Rive Gouche Cafe, 14106 Ventura Blvd, ☎ +1 818 990-3573. A French cafe with a separate bar. Lunches are simple, while the dinner menu is more upscale.
- Coda Bar & Lounge, 5248 Van Nuys Blvd, ☎ +1-818-783-7518. Wed-Sat 9PM-2AM. Popular upscale lounge with dark decor and an alleyway entrance. The Valley's answer to The Room on Cahuenga.
- Best Western Carriage Inn, 5525 Sepulveda Blvd, ☎ +1 818 787-2300, toll-free: +1 877 787-2300, fax: +1 818 908-0639.
- Courtyard Los Angeles- San Fernando Valley, 15433 Ventura Blvd, ☎ +1 818 981-5400, fax: +1 818 981-3175.
- Encino - Sherman Oaks' western neighbor.
- Studio City - This neighbor to the east is home to CBS Studios and a host of restaurants, including those on LA's "sushi alley" on Ventura Boulevard.
- Van Nuys - Sherman Oaks' northern neighbor.
|Routes through Sherman Oaks|
|North Valley ← Van Nuys ←||N S||→ West L.A. → Long Beach|
|Santa Barbara ← South Valley ←||N S||→ Studio City → Downtown L.A.|