Shardlow is a village in Derbyshire.
A small village with plenty of places for good beer and meal.
The most complete surviving canal village in Britain. It was an important late 18th century river port for the transshipment of goods to and from the River Trent to the Trent and Mersey Canal.
6 miles south east of Derby on the B5010 (old A6), easy to reach by car from the A50 and M1.
Most of the old canal budling are now in private hands as homes or businesses. Simple park up near the heritage centre and take a walk along the canal tow path.
- Shardlow Heritage Centre. old warehouse, built in the 1770s is leased from Mansfield Brewery who completely refurbished and equipped it at their own expense as a museum for the village
- The Clock Warehouse. Pub in what was an old mill and canal warehouse.
- Tandoori Nights, 134 London Road, ☎ +44 1332 853383.
- The Malt Shovel Inn, 49 The Wharf, ☎ +44 1332 792066.
- , 143 London Road, ☎ +44 1332 792918.
- The Dog & Duck, London Road, ☎ +44 1332 792224.
- The New Inn, 61 The Wharf, ☎ +44 1332 793330.
- Holden House B and B, 1 Canal Bank, ☎ +44 1332 792379.
- Shardlow Marina & Caravan Park, ☎ +44 1332 792832.