This is a calendar of events and festivals for the month of September.
Events in September
What is going on in:
- Oktoberfest: 19 September - 4 October 2015 Munich. Lots of people as well as beer (date needs updating)
- Soweto Wine Festival: 4-6 September 2015 Soweto. (date needs updating)
- Penguin Festival: September Simons Town.
- Soweto Festival: 26-28 September 2014 Soweto. (date needs updating)
- South African National Parks Week: September African_National_Parks#South_Africa. One week in September SANParks allow free access for South African citizens to most national parks.
- Africa Aerospace & Defense Airshow: 14-18 September 2016 Pretoria. Air Force Base Waterkloof
- St. Mercè parties: September Barcelona. The week around 24th of September
- Fiesta of the Virgen de la Vega: 8-21 September Salamanca (city).
- Victorian Fair: September Kirkby Lonsdale. 1st weekend of September
- Mackinac Bridge Walk: September . 1st Monday in September:U.S. Labor Day, from St. Ignace to Mackinaw City, Michigan
- Hampton Beach Seafood Festival: 11-13 September 2015 Hampton (New Hampshire). (date needs updating)
- Oktoberfest: 17-20 September 2015 Mt. Angel. Bavarian-style beer festival complete with traditional German bands (date needs updating)
National public holidays and religious dates in September
Date to be aware of when travelling.
- World Tourism Day: 27 September annually . global promotion of tourism and travel by the United Nations' World Tourism Organization
- Botswana Day: 30 September annually .
- Labour Day: September annually . First Monday in September A statutory public holiday in all provinces.
- Heritage Day: 24 September . Public holiday
- 9-1-1 emergency number day (9-1-1 day): 11 September annually . promotional day for firefighters and police; since 2001 it has become a day of remembrance
- Anniversary of the battle of San Jacinto: 14 September annually Nicaragua. (1856 Central American forces against William Walker), de facto holiday with parades and marching bands in Nicaragua and Costa Rica
- Indipendence day: 15 September annually Nicaragua. Indipendence day of Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, public holiday with parades, marching bands and festivities
|Calendar of events and festivals|
|January | February | March | April | May | June|
|July | August | September | October | November | December|