Semenic-Cheile Carașului National Park
Semenic-Cheile Carașului National Park is in the Banat region of Romania, in Caraș-Severin County.
- Caraș Gorge (Cheile Carașului). From the ~19km of the gorge you can trek about 10km. The trail starts near the bridge at the entrance in the Carașova village, near the Perla Carașului hotel. If you come here by car, you can leave your car in the parking near the hotel, then walk down and under the bridge on a small path, climb a metal stair, and start your hike from there.
- Peștera de după Cârșă.
- Bat Cave (Peștera Liliecilor).
- Țolosu Cave (Peștera Țolosu).
- Gârliște Gorge (Cheile Gârliștei).
- Gârliște Waterfall (Cascada Gârliște).
- Comarnic Cave (Peștera Comarnic).
- Piatra Gozna Peak (Vârful Piatra Goznei). 1447m
- Semenic Peak (Vârful Semenic). 1446m
- Piatra Nedeii Peak (Vârful Piatra Nedeii). 1437m
- Eagles' Lake (Lacul Vulturilor).
- Carașova Fortress (Cetatea Carașova). The fortress is now just a ruin, there is not much to see, but it provides an amazing view of the Caraș Gorge from above!
- Văliug Roman-catholic Church (Biserica romano-catolică din Văliug).
- Trei Ape Lake (Lacul Trei Ape).
- Gozna Lake (Lacul Gozna).
- Breazova Lake (Lacul Breazova).
- Poneasca Dam (Barajul Poneasca). Built during the communist times, the dam was never used yet!
- Semenic. Ski resort with 6 pistes, including a beginner's piste, 4 medium-level pistes and a 6km long piste that ends up in Văliug, at Casa Baraj.
- Casa Baraj, Văliug. Ski piste
- Wolfsberg Ski, Gărâna. Three pistes with ski lift.
- Wolf's Meadow (Poiana Lupului), Gărâna. Location of the famous Gărâna Jazz Festival
- Trout farm (Păstrăvărie). They sell fresh trout.
- La Cioată, Crivaia.
- La Răscruce, Gărâna. Legendary restaurant, where the jazz festival was born.
- Ponton Casa Baraj, Văliug.