Schaprode is a village on the island of Rugia (Rügen).
The small harbour is one of the access points to the island of Hiddensee with a ferry and water taxis.
As no cars are allowed on Hiddensee many people drive to Schaprode then go by foot or bike from here. The village has basically become a large car park.
The village is 24 km from Bergen auf Rügen by country roads. Alternatively by boat from Hiddensee.
- Walk along the coast. north of the village provides views of the island of Hiddensee with plenty of opportunity for bird watching.
- Fähremann, Länge strasse 24, ☎ +49 38309 26921. Café az the harbour, simple very tasteful local food and drink.
- Fischrestaurant Alte Schule, Lange Str. 49.
There are a number of holiday apartments to rent as well as a camp-site.
- Campingplatz Am Schaproder Bodden, Lange Str. 24, ☎ +49 38309 1234.
- Zur alten Schmiede, Poggenhof 25, ☎ +49 38309 70 500.
- Neuenkirchen (Rügen)