The train connections from Zurich to Sargans are very good; there is a train every 30 minutes [www.sbb.ch].
Sargans can be reached via the A3 motorway (from Zurich) or the A13 motorway (from St. Margrethen).
- Artillery Fort Magletsch ("The Hammer"). An artillery fort from the 2nd World War. It was built during the Second World War and is the most northerly corner of the frotress Sargans.
- Castle Sargans. It is the most popular and most spectacular sight in Sargans. In the castle, there is the Sarganserland Museum where you can see historic and folkloristic objects.
- Gonzen mine. 15 km long. You can take a trip down the mine with the "Gonzen Express" or go for a 7-hour walk. You will experience the mysterious world of the miners. The workplaces have been left in their original conditions. There is also a restaurant on site.
- Roman estate. The Roman estate is only partly preserved. It was destroyed either in 270 or 288 AD by an attack of the Alamanni or by a rockslide.
In and around Sargans, you can do many different sports.
- Climbing. You can climb in a hall or outdoor. Pilatus is a particularly popular climbing region, offering a range of routes in all degrees of difficulty.
- Snow sports. Flumserberg, the Pizol, and Amden are popular places for snow sports. In winter, there is an ice park in Sargans .