Sanur is a town on the east coast of South Bali.
Sanur is Bali's oldest upscale resort area and is a mature beach-side town. Despite the abundance of restaurants and accommodation, it has a quiet and relaxed feel to it. In general terms, it is more expensive than Kuta but cheaper than Seminyak. Sanur tends to appeal most to middle-aged and older families, especially Europeans.
The Sanur area is sandwiched between the main Jalan Ngurah Rai bypass and the beach. One main route called Jalan Danau Tamblingan runs north to south through the town and it is easy to orient yourself with reference to this road.
Sanur is a 20-30 minute taxi ride from the Ngurah Rai International Airport, and a pre-paid coupon costs Rp 95,000. There are plenty of metered taxis all over the island who will be keen to take you to Sanur.
If you are driving yourself, this is one of the more staightforward areas of Bali to find as the main Jalan Bypass Ngurah Rai is the western boundary of Sanur. There are many well signposted exit points from this main road into the heart of Sanur. Allow about 20 minutes driving time from Kuta or Legian, about 30 minutes from Seminyak or Ubud and 10 to 15 minutes from Denpasar.
Sanur is well serviced by shuttle buses and bemos from the north and south and also from Denpasar's Tegal terminal. The bus company Perama has its Sanur office in Jalan Hangtuah, and offers difrect transfer here from Candidasa, Kuta, Lovina, Padang Bai and Ubud. Private shuttle buses run from most major tourist centres of Bali to Sanur; check local advertising and always book 24 hours in advance.
There's also a free bus service called Trans Sarbagita that runs following route Term. Batu Bulan (Gianyar) - Tohpati (DPS) - Sanur (DPS) - Kuta Central Park (Badung) - Jimbaran (Badung) - Nusa Dua (Badung). It's free till 31st of August 2012 as per government funded program.
Jalan Danau Tamblingan, the main street in Sanur, has a number of outlets for car, motorbike and bicycle rental. A large number of metered taxis patrol the streets looking for passengers. Local bemos run with some regularity up and down both Jalan Danau Tamblingan and Jalan Danau Poso.
Sanur is also a great place to walk. Distances are not large, the streets are relatively quiet, and there is a splendid, paved beach front path which runs the whole length of the district.
This is a town with a wealth of cultural, natural and historical attractions, as well as the obvious shopping and beach-related sights.
- International Kite Festival, Padang Galak beach (just north of Sanur, east off the main Jalan Ngurah Rai bypass). The annual international kite festival takes place here every July. Traditional Balinese giant kites up to 10 m in length are made and flown competitively by teams from different villages around Bali. The origins of this event are as a festival intended to send a message to the Hindu Gods to create abundant crops and harvests. Aside from the actual organised festival, from June to August each year, visitors will see many giant kites being flown.
- Le Mayeur Museum, Jl Hangtuah (go the end of Jalan Hangtuah and turn right at the beach. Proceed along the paved footpath through the souvenir stalls and look for the entrance to the museum on your right), ☎ +62 361 286201. Su-F 07300-15:30. This is the former home of noted Belgian impressionist Adrian Jean Le Mayeur, which is now a museum dedicated to his works. Le Mayeur arrived in Bali in 1932 and soon immersed himself in the culture of the island, and married a noted Balinese Legong dancer. Much of the house stands just as it did when he died in 1958, and apart from viewing his works, visitors will gain an insight into what it must have been like to be one of Bali's very first expats. The whole place is in need of some maintenance, but this remains one of Bali's hidden treasures. Rp 5,000.
- Mangrove Information Centre (MIC), Suwung Kauh (just south of Sanur, singposted east off the main Jl Bypass Ngurah Rai), ☎ +62 361 726969, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 08:00-16:00. Visit the well appointed Mangrove Information Centre set in the huge 600 hectare mangrove forest which fringes the east coast south of Sanur. There are two different boardwalks through the mangrove forest. This centre is doing great work in educating local schoolchildren as well as visitors, about the importance of mangrove forests. A good place to spend half a day for adults and children. Rp 50,000 entrance, Rp 50,000 parking.
- Pura Blanjong (Blanjong Temple), Jl Danau Poso, Blanjong (just south of Sanur). The most notable temple in Sanur which contains a major, important inscription on a stone pillar called the Prasati Blanjong. The inscription tells of a Javanese king who visited Bali in the 10th century and installed what was probably Bali's first formal government. This is Bali's oldest known artifact.
- Serangan Island Turtle Conservation Centre (Turtle Island) (about 3 km south of Sanur, reached by turning east off the main Jl Ngurah Rai bypass), ☎ +62 813 3841 2716. 09:00-17:00 daily. Visit the Turtle Conservation and Education Centre here and learn about current conservation initiatives. This island used to be the centre of the Balinese trade in turtle meat until the practice was banned. Donation.
As well as shopping and eating, there are plenty of photo opportunities while walking along the splendid 5 km beachside paved path. The local night markets are a sensory delight, with plenty of food options.
Sanur's splendid paved beachfront cycle-path stretches some 5 km from the Jalan Mertasari area in south Sanur, north to the main beach at Jalan Hangtuah. This makes for a lovely scenic bike ride, especially in the early morning. Some bikes are better maintained than others so you might want to test your hire-bike close to home for a while in case the pedals have a tendency to fall off.
Although the diving available around Sanur is not the best Bali has to offer, nearly all of Bali's most established dive operators are located here. All offer trips further afield.
- Atlantis Bali Diving, Jl By Pass Ngurah Rai 350, ☎ +62 61 284312, e-mail: email@example.com. Full range of dives and courses offered at this PADI 5 star dive operator. English, French, German, Spanish and Indonesian speaking instructors
- BIDP, Jl Danau Poso No26, ☎ +62 361 285065, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Large and long-established PADI dive centre offering dive trips all around Bali and full range of courses
- Blue Season Bali, Jl Danau Tamblingan 69x, ☎ +62 361 270852, e-mail: email@example.com. PADI Career Development Centre. Dive trips and safaris around Bali, and PADI courses from beginner to instructor. Also offers technical diving courses. Instruction offered in English, Japanese, Mandarin, French, Spanish, Dutch, German and Indonesian.
- Crystal Divers, Jl Danau Tamblingan 168, ☎ +62 361 286737, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 7am - 9pm. This was the first PADI Career Development Centre in Indonesia. A full range of courses is available from intro dives to instructor courses as well as day dive trips and dive safaris around Bali. Offers PADI courses in Swedish, Danish, English, Indonesian, German, Japanese and Mandarin.
- Diving Bali, Jl Danau Tamblingan 27c, ☎ +62 361 282664. One of the best dive centres in Sanur offering dive courses, fun dives and liveaboard trips. Offers a full range of fun dives and courses
- Joe's Gone Diving Bali, Ngurah Rai Bypass 44A, ☎ +62 361 270 633, e-mail: email@example.com. A professional, Dutch-owned dive center offering PADI dive courses, daily dive trips and dive safaris around Bali. Courses are given in multiple languages.
There are many places to do your laundry in Sanur. Most hotels provides they own laundry service, mostly with more expensive rates than local laundry rooms. Almost every street corner has a laundry service.
- Cinta Alam Organic Laundry, Jl. Batur Sari 44 (the end of jl.Sekuta turn left 50 m left on side), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 08:00-20:00. High quality laundry service without the use of harmfull chemicals. You can choose an aromatherapy fragrance. Pick up and delivery is on request and free in the Sanur area. Rp 15,000/kg.
A day at any of the spas in Sanur is exactly what you would expect during your stay in Bali: full service treatment steeped in Balinese tradition. Take advantage of any opportunity to enjoy a spa during your stay, the cost here is at least half what you would pay in North America or Europe. All major hotels have in-house spa facilities and there are also several well established independents in Sanur.
- Puri Esthetic, Jalan By Pass Ngurah Rai 209, ☎ +62 361 286542.
The more active could try one or more of the many watersports on offer at Sanur Beach. Try kitesurfing, windsurfing, wakeboarding, surfing or paragliding. For those less active, hire a banana boat and hit the calm waters.
The surfing here is not great by Bali standards but there are reasonable breaks about 1 km offshore during the northwest wind season (about October to March). In that period you will have no problem locating the breaks — just follow the locals. Boards can be rented on the beach for Rp 100,000.
- Bali Kite Surfing School, Mertasari (at the beach close to Mertasari temple), ☎ +62 361 7899013. IKO certified kite surfing school. The lessons are conducted in a safe, user-friendly environment and lessons can be structured to suit individual needs. The school uses three specially designed rescue boats to keep a close eye on you.
- Blue Oasis Beach Club, Sanur Beach (on the beach in front of the Sanur Beach Hotel), ☎ +62 361 288011. A specialist water sports centre which offers sea-kayaking, kitesurfing, parasailing, wakeboarding, waterskiing and windsurfing, as well as being a dive school.
There are countless shops along Jalan Danau Tamblingan and the side streets leading from it. You will find everything from local t-shirts to Balinese handicrafts.
- Hardy's Grosir, Jl Danua Tamblingan 193, ☎ +62 361 28191. 08:00-22:30 daily. This is Sanur's main supermarket, and a good place for stocking up on regular items.
- Gudang Keramik, Jl Danau Tamblingan, ☎ +62 361 289363. 10:00-22:00 daily. This is the outlet for seconds of the famed Jengala Ceramics company (main showroom in Jimbaran). Their standards are very high and you may not notice why some of these items are classed as seconds. Some superb bargains to be had in everything from decorative vases to flatware.
- Nogo Bali Ikat Centre, Jl Danau Tamblingan 104, ☎ +62 361 288765, e-mail: email@example.com. M-Sa 08:30-21:00, Su 09:00-20:00. Specialises in the very best quality woven ikat fabrics from Bali and elsewhere in Indonesia. If you are looking for cheapies, don't even think of going here. If you have an eye for quality though, this will be right up your alley. You can purchase fabric by the piece, made up as clothing or homewares, and examine their very impressive genuine antique collection.
At the northern end of Jalan Pungutan, just before it hits Jalan Danau Tamblingan, there is an art market, sometimes referred to as Sindhu Market. This is a one stop shop for all manner of Balinese handicrafts, sarongs, T-shirts and knock-offs such as sunglasses. A similar set up can be found at beachfront Art Market at the end of Jalan Hangtuah. Take the foot path leading north which weaves through a maze of stalls and the odd cafe.
For very cheap local food try the Night Market at the northern end of Jalan Danau Tamblingan where it meets Jalan Pungutan.
- Abian Boga Restaurant, Jl Kesuma Sari No 5, ☎ +62 361 284174. 10:00-22:00 daily. Grilled seafood accompanied by a Balinese dance performance. Great service too with a local hotel pick up and drop off. Mains Rp 30,000-60,000.
- The Bali Pub, Jl Danau Tamblingan (just north of Hardys, opposite Circle K). Owned by a former Masterchef UK contestant. Serves Sunday roasts, steaks, western and Balinese dishes. Live music after 20:00.
- Cafe Batu Jimbar, Jl Danau Tamblingan, ☎ +62 361 287374. Every Sanur expat's favourite cafe hang out. Good deli food and passable coffee. 08:00-22:00 daily.
- Kayu Manis, Jl Danau Tamblingan (north end of Jl Danau Tamblingan), ☎ +62 361 289410. 11:00-22:00 daily. Western and Asian fusion cuisine at great value prices. A favourite with both travellers for the price and foodies for the quality of the meals. About Rp 40,000-70,000 per entree.
- Massimo, Jl Danau Tamblingan 228, ☎ +62 361 288942, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:00-22:00 daily. The superb home made gelato here is the ideal treat after a hot day wandering in Sanur. Also excellent pizzas and pastas at this authentic south Italian owned and run restaurant. About Rp 100,000 per head.
- Smorgås Café, Jl Danua Tamblingan/Pantai Karang II, ☎ +62 361 289361. Perhaps the best coffee shop in Sanur. Homemade sandwiches, pastry and quiche. Owned by Swedes and they make their own gravlax.
- Stiff Chilli, Jl Kesumasari 11, Semawang Beach (right on the beach at the end of Jl Kesumasari), ☎ +62 361 288371, e-mail: email@example.com. 11:00-23:00 daily. Beach-front restaurant from the Stiff Chilli chain. Mid-priced, mainly Italian food in a great location Most mains about Rp 50,000.
- Treo Beach Cafe, Mertasari Beach (100 metres from the Mercure Hotel on the beach), ☎ +62 361 9218588. 9AM-8PM daily. Beautiful beach location and a great place for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Enjoy your meal in the restaurant or on the outdoor tables on the beach. Tasty food and friendly staff.
- The Village, Jl Danau Tamblingan 66, ☎ +62 361 285025. 11:00-22:00 daily. Attached to the Griya Santrian Hotel, this is perhaps the best known upmarket eatery in Sanur. The food is slick Italian style and they do a reasonable job of creating a suitable atmosphere. Not a good as it was and certainly not cheap, but a decent option in a part of Bali not known for it high quality restaurants. Has an independent street front entrance, and you would not know it is attached to a hotel. Rp 70,000-200,000.
- Warung Blanjong, Jl Danau Poso 78, ☎ +62 361 285613. 11AM-9PM daily. One of the best budget places to eat in Sanur. The food is Balinese, and they are especially well known for their pepes be pashi (steamed fish wrapped in banana leaves). Very much worth a visit to taste authentic Balinese food. Rp 15,000-30,000.
- Fortune Cookie, Jl Sudamala 5 (bet. Danau poso & Mertasari), ☎ +62 361 283342. 11:00-23:00. Healthy western-style Chinese Restaurant, no MSG, organic ingredients, they also have free delivery in Sanur. Popular with expats.
There are lots of bars along Jalan Danau Tamblingan.
- Arena Sports Cafe, Jl ByPass Ngurah Rai 115, ☎ +62 361 287255, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 10:00-23:00. Austrian owned and run sports bar and cafe. The beer is very cold, reasonably priced and this place is always busy.
- Isola Bar and Restaurant, Jl Danau Tamblingan 29 (on the beachfront near the La Taverna Hotel), ☎ +62 361 289310. 08:00-22:00. An elegant open air beachfront restaurant serving excellent Italian, International and Indonesian food throughout the day, in one of the best settings in Sanur. Good live jazz by the beach every Thursday and Saturday evening.
- Lazer Sports Bar, Jl Danau Tamblingan. 12:00-23:00. Shows all the English football, has friendly staff and also serves food.
- Maya's Coffee & Smoothie Bar, Jl Pantai Sindhu (100-150 m from the beach and Inna Sindhu Beach hotel.), ☎ +62 361 283889, e-mail: email@example.com. 08:00-19:00. Small coffee and smoothie bar serving Italian coffees, smoothies and fresh juices combined with a breakfast menu, lighter snacks, bakeries and pastries. Free Internet and WIFI for customers.
- Manic Organic, Jl Danau Tamblingan. Excellent raw juices and smoothies- organic full menu available as well. They also have yoga upstairs daily.
- Angel's Bar, Jl Danau Poso 53.
- Crystal Bar, Jalan Tamblingan 168, ☎ +62 361 286737, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. This little bar is found right on the street. They have a nice selection of drinks and snacks. In the back of the bar they also have a diveshop and a hotel. Wednesday nights this place is packed with both divers and non divers alike for quiz night.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
Most of Sanur's accommodation is in the medium and high sector of the market and is aimed at families.
- Flashbacks, Jl Danau Tamblingan, e-mail: email@example.com. Good, clean budget accommodation in a convenient location. Has a cafe which is open 19:00-23:00. Airport pickup. from Rp 185,000.
- Kesumasari Guest House, Jl Pantai Kesumasari, Semawang, ☎ +62 361 3610840, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. On the beach with a spacious and well kept tropical garden. From about Rp 275,000.
- Mango Guesthouse, Jl Danau Tamblingan. Long establisehd and well known budget accommodation at the northern end of Sanur's main street Rp 250,000.
- Prima Cottage, Jl Bumi Ayu 23 (close to Jl Tamblingan,10 min walk to beach), ☎ +62 361286369, e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Price includes WiFi and breakfast. The complex, which consists of regular hotel rooms and cottages, has a nice pool. Rp 350.000 (room, air-con, TV, fridge), Rp 450.000 (cottage).
- Puri Anom Hostel, Jl.Sudamala 8 (between Jl Danau Posso and Jl.Cemara turistic promenade, 7 min walk to beach), ☎ +62 361 289 369. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Clean new renovated rooms,mixed dorm (4-3 bed), private double room with minibar, free WiFi internet broadband. Spacious garden, public cable TV+DVD, kitchen with fridge and cooker, housekeeping daily, towels, toiletries and bedlinen provided. Rp 100,000 (A/C bed)-250.000 (private double air-con, fridge).
- Ratna Beach Hotel, Jl Segara Ayu, Sanur Bali. Price includes taxes and breakfast. Hotel rooms, a nice pool and very close to the beach. From Rp 350,000.
- Ananda Beach Hotel, Jl Hangtuah, ☎ +62 813 37536464, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Good, clean budget accommodation located at Sanur Beach, about 100 m from the Grand Bali Beach Hotel and close to the boat boarding point for Nusa Lembongan. Airport pickup offered. From Rp 300,000.
- Baruna Hotel, Segara Ayu Sreet No. 3, ☎ +62 361 288 414, e-mail: email@example.com. Check-out: 12:00. Cozy framed complex with budget villas. Lots of details that capture your eyes. Very friendly staff, goes well beyond the call of duty. Rooms have hot water, air-com, fridge. Breakfast included. Decent sized pool. Free wifi. Small library with English, Dutch, German and Swedish literature. Highly recommended for families as well as the lonely traveller. 200 m from the beach, 200 m from shopping street. From Rp 200,000.
- Batu Jimbar Apartments, Jalan Danau Tamblingan 87, ☎ +62 361 282697, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A small service apartment complex with holidays lettings on a weekly basis. All studios and apartments have their own kichenette and private balcony. From US$280 per week.
- Gazebo Beach Hotel, Jl.Danau Tamblingan No.35, ☎ +62 361 3610840, e-mail: email@example.com. A not-very-big beachfront hotel. From US$75.
- Natah Bale Villas, Jl Cemara, ☎ +62 813 37536464. Each tradtional Balinese inspired villa in the compound features its own private entrance and open air living room, dining room as well as a fully equipped kitchen. From US$95.
- Peneeda View Beach Hotel, Jl Danau Tamblingan 89, ☎ +62 361 8070181, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A quiet, good value. A bungalow style hotel committed to quality, Located nearest to the beach. From US$60.
- Pondok Ayu Hotel, Sanur, ☎ +61 2 9533 5851 (Australia), e-mail: email@example.com. Small boutique hotel with personalised service. Includes a restaurant (Benno's) and a pool. Very quiet, suitable for families. US$70-90.
- Sativa Sanur, Jl Cemara, ☎ +62 361 287881, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Situated in between the beach and the main road, two levels of standard rooms are arranged around lush gardens and a swimming pool. The hotel is quiet, clean and has fine service in addition to a pleasant morning breakfast. US$60-90.
- Sekuta Condo Suites, Jl Sekuta No12, ☎ +62 361 287727, e-mail: email@example.com. Each suite has its own living and dining room and fully-equipped kitchen. Facilities include The Cavern Bar, featuring Beatles memorabilia and a large swimming pool. From US$50.
- Vila Shanti Beach Hotel, Jl Danau Tamblingan/Jl Pantai Karang, ☎ +62 361 8528521. On Sanur Beach. Restaurant, 24 hr room service, pool, laundry and safe deposit boxes. Note that this is not a villa despite the name. From US$51.
- Zen Villas, Jalan Kesari II No3b. This is a medium standard private villa rental complex in a good Sanur location not far from the Bali Hyatt. Managed by an Indonesian-Dutch couple. From US$90.
- Arimbi Villa Sanur, Jl Pengembak 14, ☎ +62 361 289091, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Colonial villa for lovers of tropical gardens and Balinese architecture. from US$700.
- Hotel Santai (Crystal Divers), Jalan Tamblingan 168, ☎ +62 361 286737, e-mail: email@example.com. A cosy little hotel with 2 floors. Rooms are a little more sophisticated with air-conditioning and direct access to a swimming pool, bar and a restaurant. The hotel is located in the back of a dive school so it's perfect if you want to do some diving while you stay here. 35$.
- Bali Hyatt (Jl Danau Tamblingan), ☎ +62 361 28 1234, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Large hotel with beachfront location. 5 restaurants, 5 bars, huge gardens and a village style spa. Mature grounds with some well established trees. From US$130.
- Dampati Villas (A minute walk to famous Sunrise beach of Sanur), Jalan Segara Ayu, ☎ +62 361 288454, e-mail: email@example.com. Contemporary, spacious villas with two floors, outfitted with modern touch including private swimming pool, garden, living room, kitchen, bathroom amenities, satellite TV, AC, free Wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, in-dining, daily complimentary water and cleaning, etc. $80 - $287.
- The Gangsa Private Villa by Kayumanis, Jl Tirta Akasa no. 28, ☎ +62 361 270 260, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 11 contemporary villas with private pool, fully-equipped gourmet kitchen and 24 hr butler service.
- Hotel La Taverna, Jl Tamblingan 29, ☎ +62 361 288497, e-mail: email@example.com. Beachfront hotel with an old world Sanur charm. Rooms are simple but charming. Gardens pool and beachfront setting are amongst the best in Sanur. Good restaurant. From US$80.
- Mahagiri Villas Sanur, Jl Pungutan 31 (near Sindhu beach), ☎ +62 361 283939, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: Noon. 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom private villas. All have air-con and have private swimming pool, kitchen and living room from US$475.
- Villa Mahapala, Jl Pantai Sindhu, ☎ +62 361 286222, e-mail: email@example.com. 20 private villas each with their own plunge pools, massage bale and outdoor shower. The resort also has its own French fusion restaurant, a bar and full service spa. From US$325.
- Mercure Resort Sanur, Jl Mertasari. Large resort on the beach towards the southern end of Sanur. 186 guest rooms, large beachfront restaurant, 3 bars and huge pool. From US$122.
- Parigata Resort and Spa, Jl Danau Tamblingan 87, ☎ +62 361 286286, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A quiet, good value resort just off the main street. High quality in-house spa plus restaurant, bar and pool area. The same group also has an impressive complex of private villas in southern Sanur. From US$100.
- Puri Santrian, Jl Cemara 35, ☎ +62 361 288009, e-mail: email@example.com. Beach front hotel in the quiet southern part of Sanur. Two pools, beach club and good dining facilities. Choose of regular rooms in the garden block, individual bungalows and some very smart suites. From US$95.
- Sanur Paradise Plaza (formerly The Radisson Plaza Hotel), Jl Hang Tuah 46, ☎ +62 361 281781, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Large hotel with numerous facilities including kid's club, in-house spa, fitness centre, restaurant and bars. Good convenient location with easy beach access. Has a nearby sister property which is all suites and apartments. Good family option. From US$95.
- Sanur Residence (in Padang Galak, about 5 minutes north of Sanur.). Three 3-bedroom villas located on the beach forming a 9 bedroom estate The villas were built for a large family and are normally rented in a block of at least 6 bedrooms thus giving exclusive use of the entire estate along with its private swimming pool. Fully staffed with cooks, maids and gardeners. From US$180.
- Segara Village Hotel, Jl Segara Ayu, ☎ +62 361 288407, e-mail: email@example.com. Sprawling, newly refurbished 6 hectare resort complex with 5 distinct traditionally themed Balinese villages. 120 newly renovated rooms with balcony, private toilet and bath and other amenities. 3 swimming pools, tennis courts and massage services. From US$ 110.
- Stana Puri Gopa Hotel, Jl Kesumasari No 4, ☎ +62 361 289948, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Traditional styled Balinese villas in a lush tropical garden. Private pool villas, restaurant, watersports activities, spa and modern meeting room facilities. Walking distance to the beach
There are numerous internet cafes on Jalan Danau Tamblingan as well as cafes offering free wireless internet for customers.
- Sanur Internet Service, Jl Danau Tamblingan 27 (next to Circle K), ☎ +62 361 289 331. A comfortable and speedy internet cafe. Air-con, 2 seater sofa and equipped with 17 inch LCD monitors, head sets, scanner & printer. Free mineral water and helpful staff. Rp 400/min.
Several nations have consulates in Sanur, including some with titles that confusingly include the words "in Denpasar".
- Honorary Consulate of the Czech Republic for Bali and NTB, Jl Pengembak 17, ☎ +62 361 286465, fax: +62 361 286408.
- Finnish Honorary Consulate in Denpasar, Bali, Segara Village Hotel, Jl Segara (PO BOX 91), ☎ +62 361 288407, +62 361 288231.
- French Consular Agency in Denpasar, Bali, Jl Mertasari Gang 2 No 8, Banjang Tanjung, ☎ +62 361 285485.
- German Consulate General in Denpasar, Bali, Jl Pantai Karang No 17, Batujimbar, ☎ +62 361 288535.
- Royal Swedish Honorary Consulate in Denpasar, Bali, Segara Village Hotel, Jl Segara (PO Box 91 Denpasar), ☎ +62 361 288407, +62 361 288231.
- UK Honorary Consulate in Denpasar, Bali, Jl Mertasari No 2, ☎ +62 361 270601.
- Sanur is a good jumping off point for the nearby island of Nusa Lembongan.
- If you are heading back to the southern tourist hotspots of Kuta, Legian and Seminyak, this will take about 20 minutes by car. Ubud is about 25 minutes in the opposite direction.