- For other places with the same name, see San Ramon (disambiguation).
San Ramon is in the southwest part of Contra Costa County in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. It is the hometown of Dilbert.
- Oakland International Airport Major airport in Oakland, California. It is about 14 miles away from the center of San Ramon.
- San Jose Muni—Midpoint located in San Jose, California and is 29 miles away from San Ramon.
- There are multiple highways in the San Ramon area including interstates 80, 580, 680, 880, 980, and state route 4.
- Minor highways include Route 13, 84, 92, 238, 242, and Interstate 238.
Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) 45 local stops all over the Bay Area. BART Stations at Oakland International Airport and San Francisco International Airport. Dublin/Pleasanton line closest to San Ramon. Offers promotional tickets for high value customers, school students,and senior citizens.
- The Brass Door, 2145 San Ramon Valley Blvd, ☎ +1-925-837-2501. Known as the "local meeting place" and features amazing steaks, seafood, salads, and fresh pasta. Serves Dinner, Lunch and Brunch with prices ranging from 7 dollars for a salad and all the way up to 33 for a steak. Friendly and cozy environment.
- Fat Cactus Grill & Bar at Gale Ranch, 11010 Bollinger Canyon Rd, ☎ +1-925-964-0444. M-Th 11AM-9:30PM, F 11AM-11PM, Sa 10AM-10PM, Su 10AM-9PM. Well known for Margarita Mondays, Taco Tuesdays, and Weekend brunch every Saturday and Sunday from 10-3. Fresh tasting Mexican food, in an inviting environment with TVs all around the bar.
- King's Palace, 11040 Bollinger Canyon Rd, ☎ +1-510-331-5602. Offers authentic Chinese food. Directly across from Fat Cactus. Call in advance for reservations.
- Max's Diner of San Ramon, 2015 Crow Canyon Pl, ☎ +1-925-277-9300. Su-Th 9:30AM-9PM and F-Sa 9:30AM-10PM. Casual place and kid friendly environment. Low price points, big portions, and good lunch menu. Has a private parking lot along with outdoor seating.
- Uncle Yu's Restaurant, 2005 Crow Canyon Pl, ☎ +1-925-275-1818. M-Th 11AM-9:30PM, F 11AM-10PM, Sa 11:30AM-10PM, Su 11:30AM-9:30PM. Traditional tasting Chinese food, with an innovative twist. Great service and comfortable environment. Great for wine lovers, and usually no wait.
- The Hopyard American Alehouse & Grill, 470 Market Pl, ☎ +1-925-277-9600. An entertaining pub right in the middle of San Ramon. Beer and Wine only. Open the latest in the area. Sports bar feel that is great for watching games, with tasty wings and nachos too. Private parking lot.
- ShBoom, 2410 San Ramon Valley Blvd, ☎ +1-925-837-9777. W-Sa 6PM-2AM. Best nights are Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Cover charge of $15 which includes dinner. DJ plays variety of music from 70s & 80s, pop, hip-hop, and techno. Fun hangout for an older crowd.
- Hotel Sierra San Ramon, 2323 San Ramon Valley Blvd, ☎ +1-925-743-1882. Friendly staff and accommodating with reasonable prices. Amenities like flat panel TV’s, terry bathrobes, and swimming pool. Daily complimentary breakfast and Sierra Café.