Cities and Municipalities
- By plane
PAL Express flies to and from Calbayog City to Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila.
- By bus
Major bus companies in Manila plying the Luzon-Visayas-Mindanao route pass through the province since Maharlika Highway runs through the entire length of the province. Travelers to the province of Samar may ride bus from Metro Manila at the Ali Mall Bus Terminal in Cubao and from the various Pasay City terminals that sprout along EDSA. Once the bus has reached the southern tip of Luzon island, you will take a 30-minute ferryboat to the northern end of Samar, after which you can continue your bus trip, or transfer to a myriad of jeepneys, smaller buses, and tricycles to take you to anywhere in Samar.
Local mini buses ply from Catbalogan City to Tacloban City in Leyte and vice-versa and from Catbalogan to Calbayog and vice-versa.
On top of these buses, there are a number of passenger vans that ply Catbalogan and Calbayog route almost every half an hour. The vans also run the Catbalogan-Tacloban route almost every quarter of an hour.
Buses from Manila or Mindanao pass through the Maharlika Highway on a 24 hour basis. However, stops are only made either in Catbalogan City or Calbayog City.
From the two urban centers of Catbalogan City and Calbayog City, there are jeepneys that ply from the two localities going to the various towns of Samar.
San Juanico Bridge, between Tacloban, Leyte and Sta. Rita, Samar. One of the longest bridge in the Philippines.
- Pinipisakan Falls and Cave - San Jorge, Samar
Explore the many waterfalls and caves in the province. Pinipisakan Falls can be found in the town of San Jorge. The river in which the layers or series of waterfalls of Pinipisakan run along upstream, serves as most convenient way to enter the cave at the end of the river. Inside the cave is an underground river that serves as tributary for the Blanca Aurora river.
- Langun-Gobingob Caves - Calbiga, Samar
The biggest cave system in the Philippines is the town of Calbiga. Underground rivers can also be found inside this cave system. A smaller cave system is the Kanyawa Caves also in the same town.
- Lulugayan Falls
The upstream of Calbiga river is compose of many waterfalls, famous of which is the Lulugayan falls which looks like little Niagara.
- Calbayog Waterfalls
The city of Calbayog boasts of many waterfalls that are very accessible by motorized transport.
- Samar Island Nature Park - Paranas, Samar
Commonly known as SINP, this natural park is a protected area managed by the government.
Natural Parks & Caves
- Guinog-an Cave
- Danao Cave
- Guimit Cave - Talalora
- Sohoton Natural Bridge and National Park – Basey
- Calbiga Cave
- Tinago-an Cave
Waterfalls & Hot Springs
- Mapaso Hot Spring
- Mawacat Slide
- Bangon-Bugtong Falls
- Tabokno Falls
- Pan-as Falls
- Blanca Aurora Falls - Gandara.
Historical Spots and Museums
- Samar Archeological Museum and Research Center
Islands & Isles
- Binaliw Isle
Beaches & Dives
- Malajog Beach
- Bay View Inn, Catbalogan City, ☎ +63 55-2515067.
- Casa Cristina Hotel, San Roque Street, Catbalogan City.
- Cell.com Hotel, San Bartolome Street, Catbalogan City.
- Eduardo's Inn, Del Rosario Street,Catbalogan City.
- Fame Hotel, 6th Street, Catbalogan City phone=.
- Fortune Hotel, Del Rosario Street, Catbalogan City.
- Kalinayan Inn, Catbalogan City.
- Maqueda Bay Hotel, Tomaletis Area, Catbalogan City, ☎ +63 55-2512386.
- Rolet Hotel, Mabini Avenue, Catbalogan City.
- Rose Scent Pensionne, Curry Avenue, Catbalogan City.
- Samar State University Hotel, Catbalogan City.
- Sto. Rosario Pensionne, Catbalogan City.
- Summers Garden Pensionne, Catbalogan City.
- Traveler's Lodging House, Rizal Avenue, Catbalogan City.
- Villarin's Bed & Breakfast, San Francisco Street, Catbalogan City.
- GV Hotels, Catarman. Borongan. Catbalogan. fan/a/c single and double rooms all with own bathrooms and cable TV. there are 3 GV hotels in Samar island. one in Catarman. one in Borongan. and one in Catbalogan. p450/650.
Van to Tacloban city, or ferry to Cebu city, or ferry to Luzon island.