Salisbury is the largest city on the Eastern Shore (Maryland).
Salisbury is about a 2 hour drive from the Baltimore (BWI) airport or about 3 hours from Washington Dulles Airport (IAD). It is a pretty drive that passes over the Chesapeake Bay on the Bay Bridge. There is also a small airport in Salisbury (SBY), which is serviced by American Airlines with nonstop flights to Philadelphia and Charlotte.
- Salisbury MD Zoo, 755 South Park Drive, ☎ +1 410-548-3188. Daily except Thanksgiving and Christmas. Free.
- Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art, 909 South Schumaker Drive, ☎ +1 410-742-4988. Daily except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. Houses the world's largest collection of wildfowl carvings.
- The Centre at Salisbury, 2300 N Salisbury Blvd, ☎ +1 410-548-1600. Large mall with Macy's and many other stores.
- , 2645 N Salisbury Blvd, ☎ +1 410-548-1829.
- The Country Store on Main Street is huge and advertises itself as the Largest Country Store in the East. Huge array of Vera Bradley bags and accessories.
- Market Street Inn, 130 West Market St, ☎ +1 410-742-4145. Excellent food including seafood and steaks; the Portuguese Bishop Rolls served with a variety of oils and vinegars are not to be missed; good wine list. Moderate to expensive.
- Best Western, 1735 N Salisbury Boulevard, ☎ +1 410-546-1300.
- Courtyard Marriott, 128 Troopers Way, ☎ +1 410-742-4405. Located off the Route 13 bypass, convenient to many shopping and dining choices.
- Ramada Inn and Conference Center, 300 S. Salisbury Blvd, ☎ +1 410-546-4400.
Salisbury is a quick 40 minute drive to the Atlantic Coast. Ocean City is a popular nearby destination.
|Routes through Salisbury|
|Dover ← Laurel ←||N S||→ Princess Anne → Norfolk|
|Annapolis ← Cambridge ←||W E||→ Ocean City → END|