Sale is just 15 minutes from Manchester Airport or around 45 minutes from Liverpool airport
Sale is served by the excellent Metrolink tram system from Manchester city centre and other destinations in Greater Manchester. The town has three tram stops roughly half a mile apart: Brooklands, Sale, and Dane Road. Direct 12-minute services operate to both Bury via Manchester City Centre and Manchester Piccadilly for mainline trains, this gives a 6-minute service to Manchester city centre. In the other direction there is a 6-minute service to Altrincham.
On Sundays between 07:00 and 22:30 there is a 12-minute service that runs to Manchester Piccadilly, there are no trams direct to Bury from Sale on a Sunday. If travelling on a weekend and particularly a Sunday it is worth checking that there are not alterations to the service, again as part of the Metrolink expansion/improvement works.
Sale Water Park also has a stop on the Manchester Airport line. Trams are every 12-minutes and there is a Park & Ride facility.
Metrolink tickets must be purchased from machines on the platform before you travel.
Sale is less than a mile from junction 7 of the M60. The A56 runs to both Manchester and Altrincham.
Sale has many bus services including connections to both Manchester and Altrincham.
- The Bridgewater Canal. A pleasant walk through along the towpath, north to Stretford and Manchester or south to Altrincham.
Passes next to the Bridge Inn pub and runs parallel and adjacent to the Tram line for much of its route.
- Worthington Park, Broad Road. Over a hundred years old and still the centre of Sale's wildlife, in amongst the pleasant grounds, there are many breeds of birds and squirrels on view. Also, a skate ramp, play areas and statue to the Physicist JP Joule
- Sale Water Park, ☎ +44 161 881-5639, e-mail: email@example.com. The water park is open throughout the year, allowing canoeing, boating, surfing and a host of water based activities. Lessons and guides can be pre-booked.
Very popular with dog walkers, joggers and bird watchers and has its own angling club. Now has its own tram stop (On the Manchester Airport line) and park and ride facility
- Walton Park, Raglan Road, Sale (Brooklands Metrolink Station is close by.). Playing fields and Park adjacent to Bridgewater Canal; miniature railway giving rides every Sunday
- Sale FC Rugby Club (Sale Football Club), Heywood Road, Brooklands, Sale, Greater Manchester, M33 3WB (The nearest Metro stop is Brooklands on the Altrincham line.), ☎ +44 788 444 3727, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. One of the world's oldest rugby union clubs, Sale FC is a "Member Owned" Club founded in 1861 and they have played at Heywood Road since 1905/06. They currently play in the National 3 North league.
Sale is not normally thought of as a shopping destination although it does have plenty of supermarkets and other shops for one's everyday needs. Unfortunately, the nearby Trafford Centre or Manchester City Centre are the preferred destinations.
Sale has a wide variety of restaurants and take-aways with food from all over the world.
- Deckers on the Water, Sale Water Park, Rifle Road (Use Junc. 8 of M60), ☎ +44 161 962-0118.
- Jackson's Boat, Rifle Road, Sale (Off Jnc 8 of M60), ☎ +44 161 905-2647. Jackson’s Boat is situated between Sale Water Park and Chorlton Water park on the bank of the River Mersey.
Within a short walking distance to the three tram stations there are a number of pubs.
Sale Station Kings Ransom, Slug and Lettuce, JP Joules, Waterside, The Bank, The Bulls Head
Brooklands Station The Brook, The Little Bee, The Sale Hotel, The Brooklands Tap, The Belmore Hotel,
- Premier Inn, Carrington Ln (Near end of A6144(M)), ☎ +44 871 527 8716.
- Normanhurst Hotel, 195 Brooklands Rd, ☎ +44 161 973-1982.
- Lennox Lea Hotel, Irlam Rd, Sale, ☎ +44 161 973-1764.