The closest major airport is Sacramento International Airport.
Roseville is located along highway 80 about 10 miles east of Sacramento.
It's easy to get to, most people around the area could help you get there with some simple directions.
Amtrak serves Roseville with the California Zephyr, which runs daily between Emeryville (in the San Francisco Bay Area) and Chicago, and the Capitol Corridor which runs to Sacramento and the Bay Area.
Roseville Transit offers bus service in and around the area. Dial a ride is also available for door to door transportation within the city limits.
Public transportation is somewhat limited so a car is recommended for getting around the Roseville area.
- Golfland Sunsplash, 1893 Taylor Rd. A mid-size waterpark, miniature golf, and arcade.
- Skatetown, 1009 Orlando Ave. A large modern ice skating facility with two rinks.
- Westfield Roseville Galleria, 1151 Galleria Blvd. A relatively new shopping mall. It is large, bright and spacious with good parking. The mall is currently undergoing an expansion, so expect the usual trouble that comes with a building under construction. This is a very safe place to come and shop, and comes with the usual stores including Macy's, Nordstrom, Sears, and JC Penney's.
- Fountains at Roseville (directly across from the Galleria mall). It's home to many upscale stores including Chico's, Whole Foods, Smith & Hawken, Anthroplogie, & Theater Xtreme. Also has many dining choices including California Pizza Kitchen, & The Counter. It's known for it's large center fountain that hosts nightly shows with lights. It's a popular hang out spot for the younger crowd, and it's not uncommon to see a wedding party come through at night. Do behave at this mall however, security is ruthless, and will throw you out for the smallest infraction of rules. They are armed with batons and pepper spray, and have armed (with guns) backup close by. But as par with all of Roseville, this is a very safe place to come and enjoy yourself.
- Downtown Roseville, Vernon St. It's known for it's small local shops. This is must stop if you love antiques and diner food. They host the Hot August Nights, with classic cars and plenty of street vendors during that time of year.
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro, 1180 Galleria Blvd. An upscale Chinese restaurant.
- Carvers Steaks & Chops, 1400 Eureka. A nice steakhouse with a good wine list. An excellent place for a romantic dinner.
- Mikuni Japanese Restaurant, 1565 Eureka. Known for its sushi.
- California Pizza Kitchen (Fountains at Roseville Shopping center).
- The Counter Burger (Fountains at Roseville). Known for your ability to custom build your own burger.
- Mr. Pickle's Sandwich Shop, 4060 Douglas Blvd., Granite Bay, CA 95746, ☎ +1 916 772 2292. Best subs (and pickles) in the Greater Sacramento Area. Ask for the Mr. Pickle!
There are a few bars on Vernon Street and Riverside Ave. Most restaurants have bars in them.
- Courtyard Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive, 301 Creekside Ridge Ct, ☎ +1 916 772-3404, fax: +1 916 772-2313.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton, 401 Creekside Ridge Ct, ☎ +1 916 783-7455. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. An all-suite hotel with fully-equipped kitchens. Complimentary hot breakfast daily, dinner with beer and wine Monday-Thursday, and high-speed wireless Internet.
- Residence Inn Roseville, 1930 Taylor Rd, ☎ +1 916 772-5500, fax: +1 916 772-9441.
- Larkspur Landing Roseville, 1931 Taylor Rd, ☎ +1 916 773 1717, toll-free: +1 877 527 5778, fax: +1 916 773 1765, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. An extended stay hotel.
The Roseville Police is a very effective police force. Crime is very low, however petty theft around the mall does happen during the holidays. Roseville Police are known for having a ruthless "no tolerance" policy for traffic violations. However, driving can be tough, it has a big city feel especially during rush hour. Avoid Douglas Blvd from Harding Blvd to East Roseville Pkwy especially around lunch time. Around the Galleria Mall during the holidays is to be avoided unless needed. Do not run red lights, they have cameras on them. Traffic aside, Roseville is one of the safest places in the entire area.
|Routes through Roseville|
|Emeryville ← Sacramento ←||W E||→ Truckee → Salt Lake City|
|Auburn ← Rocklin ←||N S||→ Sacramento → Emeryville|
|Sacramento ← Citrus Heights ←||W E||→ Rocklin → Reno|