Rosemont is a city in Cook County in the state of Illinois, just outside of Chicago. It does enormous business as the primary hotel supplier for O'Hare International Airport, but has a couple of the region's best-known concert venues as well.
The CTA Blue Line has a stop in Rosemont, on River Road between I-190 and I-90 right before O'Hare. And Metra's North Central Line stops at Rosemont Station on Balmoral Avenue just west of I-294, with service between Chicago and Antioch.
PACE buses serve the area, and hotels can be expected to run shuttles to the airport. For anything else, though, you'll likely want to have a car.
- Donald E. Stephens Museum of Hummels, 555 N. River Rd.. Self-proclaimed as having the world's largest public display of M.I. Hummel figurines in the world. You know, those little cherub-faced ceramic figures.
- Chicago Wolves, 6920 N. Mannheim Rd.. This minor league hockey team plays at the Allstate Arena. The season runs October-April.
- Rosemont Waterfall, At the northeast corner of Higgins and River Road. A favorite local setting for wedding pictures, the waterfall harmonizes with the surrounding Forest Preserve along the Des Plaines River Valley
- Allstate Arena (Rosemont Horizon), 6920 N. Mannheim Rd.. A 19,000 seat arena that holds major music concerts as well as events such as circuses and rodeos.
- Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, 5555 N. River Rd.. This enormous complex hosts a variety of conferences and events, including Chicago Comic Con, ACen, and even local high school proms.
- Rosemont Theatre, 5400 River Rd.. A 4,300 seat theater for stars including Jerry Seinfeld and Kelly Clarkson.
- Polish National Catholic Cemetery, 9200 West Higgins Rd.. A quaint cemetery set along the Des Plaines River, it possesses a charming array of old monuments and markers. It is also the only Chicagoland cemetery with its own picnic area, preserving the old world custom of picnicking at the graves of deceased loved ones.
- Muvico 18, 9701 W. Bryn Mawr Ave.. This huge movie theater, over 100,000 square feet, is more than just a theater. For those 21 and up, the VIP Theatre has free popcorn, bigger seats, and cocktails. There's a full-service restaurant on site (you can eat while watching a movie), a playroom, and child care for kids age 3-10.
- Midwest FurFest. The second-largest furry convention in the world, held in Illinois since 2000, and in Rosemont since 2010. Over 5,000 people attend each year, many of them costumed mascots and fursuiters. The event is held in November or December each year; admission is charged.
- Fashion Outlets of Chicago, 5220 Fashion Outlets Way, Rosemont, IL 60018, ☎ +1 847-928-7500. Monday-Saturday: 10 am-9 pm, Sunday: 10 am-7 pm. Over 130 stores, including Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Bloomingdale's The Outlet Store, and Neiman Marcus Last Call.
There are quite a lot of hotels in Rosemont:
- Holiday Inn Select, 10233 West Higgins Rd, ☎ +1 847 954-8600. One mile from the airport, this hotel has won the Torch Bearer award for excellent customer service and quality two years in a row. Rooms from $95.
- Aloft O'Hare, 9700 Balmoral Ave, ☎ +1 847 671-4444. Newer budget-minded imprint of the W. Styled to be young and trendy, the hotel actually offers a ton of the same great amenities of the pricier Starwood properties. Swanky bar, cool design, and great entertainment set-up in each room. Rooms from $89.
- Best Western At O'Hare, 10300 W Higgins Rd, ☎ +1 847 296-4471. The rooms are a little dingy and the internet was spotty at last check, but it's not bad. Has a sports bar and a diner on-site. Rooms from $130.
- Embassy Suites Chicago O'Hare/Rosemont, 5500 N River Rd, ☎ +1 847 678-4000. About one mile from the airport. Rooms as low as $119, but reservations can be difficult to get.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 6600 N Mannheim Rd, ☎ +1 847 544-7500. About five miles from the airport. Rooms from $163.
- Hyatt Regency O'Hare, 9300 W Bryn Mawr Ave, ☎ +1 847 696-1234. Contemporary facility with newly renovated guest rooms and meeting space. Rooms from $159.
- Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, 7101 Chestnut St, ☎ +1 847 375-9000. Home-y hotel with separate kitchens. Rooms from $149.
- Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, 8500 W Bryn Mawr Ave, ☎ +1 773 380-9600. Indoor swimming pool. Free 24-hour shuttle service to O'Hare Airport, located by the L stop. Rooms from $179.
- Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare, 6155 N River Rd, ☎ +1 847 696-4400, toll-free: +1 866 614-8410. Just five minutes from the airport. Rooms from $269.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, 5440 N River Rd, ☎ +1 847 671-6350. Giant hotel about 1.5 miles from the airport, with copious meeting space. Rooms from $188.
- Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare, 5460 N River Rd, ☎ +1 847 292-9100. About five minutes from the airport. Rooms from $239.
- Sheraton Gateway Suites Chicago O'Hare, 6501 N Mannheim Rd, ☎ +1 847 699-6300. Close to O'Hare and the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont. Rooms from $239.
- The Westin O'Hare, 6100 N River Rd, ☎ +1 847 698-6000. More than 500 pretty rooms with a long list of amenities. Rooms from $329.
|Routes through Rosemont|
|Rockford ← Des Plaines ←||W E||→ Chicago → Gary|
|Milwaukee ← Park Ridge ←||N S||→ Schiller Park → Gary|
|Lake Geneva/Milwaukee ← Des Plaines ←||W S||→ Schiller Park → Chicago/Tinley Park|
|END ← O'Hare International Airport ←||NW SE||→ Far Northwest Side, Chicago → The Loop, Chicago|
|Antioch ← O'Hare International Airport ←||NW SE||→ Schiller Park → Chicago|