- Montgomery - the capital of Alabama
- Auburn - home to Auburn University
- Enterprise - home of the Boll Weevil Monument and Enterprise State Community College
- Florala (Alabama) - Home of Sgt. Rodney J. Evans (Medal of Honor Recipient) Home to the longest Masonic day Celebration (June 24)
- Georgiana - birthplace of Hank Williams Sr.
- Phenix City-home of University of Alabama football player Earl Alexander, former home of MLB player Tim Hudson of the Braves
- Troy-home of Troy University
This section of Alabama is known for its thick Southern accent that is for noticeable in people of this area of Alabama rather than the northern and central sections.