Radium Hot Springs
Radium Hot Springs is a city in the East Kootenays. It is famous for its hot pools.
For visitor information you can visit:
- Radium Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Information, Main Street East, ☎ +1 250 347-9331, toll-free: +1-800-347-9704, fax: +1 250 347-9127, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Located at the entrance to Kootenay National Park, Radium lies on the intersection of Highways 93 and 95. It is located 3 hours from Calgary, and 3 hours north of the American border. It is 9 hours east of Vancouver.
- Bugaboo Provincial Park (accessible via a 50 km dirt road from Brisco, 27 km north of Radium on Highwy 95). Open for the summer (exact dates depend on snowfall). A wilderness park, great for climbing (rock or ice) or hiking. Backcountry camping is permitted at Boulder Camp and Applebee Dome, near the Conrad Kain Hut. You can also stay in the Hut at a fee of $22.00/person or $44.00/family. Reservations can be made at +1 403 678 3200 through the Alpine Club of Canada. This is a wilderness park, no supplies are available. Please pack suitably, and take appropriate safety precautions. Backcountry camping fee: $5.00/person.
- Radium Hot Springs (Just north of Radium in Sinclair Canyon at the entrance of Kootenay National Park), ☎ +1 250 347-9485. mid-May - mid-Oct: 9 am - 11 pm; otherwise: Sun-Thurs, 12 pm - 9pm and Fri-Sat, 12 pm - 10 pm. Radium's most famous attraction. There is both a hot pool and a cool pool for swimming. $7.50/adult, $6.50/youth(3-17), $6.50/senior.
- Black Forest Restaurant, 540 Highway 93/95, Invermere BC, ☎ +1 250-342-9417, fax: +1 250-342-2281. Bavarian steak and schnitzel house with servers in traditional costume, live entertainment on weekends, small dance floor.
- Radium Chalet, 5063 Madsen Rd, ☎ +1 778-527-5033, toll-free: +1-844-849-4557. Suites with gas fireplace, flat screen TV, movie channels, separate living rooms with a pull-out couch. Main floor units are pet friendly. Spa and "meal deal" packages available at extra cost. $110-180.
- Bighorn Meadows Resort, #10 Bighorn Blvd. (West on Stanley Street through Springs Golf Course, on right-hand side before the club house), ☎ +1 250-347-2323, toll-free: +1-877-344-2323, e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. Located on Springs Golf Course with view of the Purcell and Rocky Mountain ranges. Fireplaces, decks with BBQs, high-end finishings and full kitchens in one, two, or three bedroom vacation condos. Studio suites available with kitchenette (bar fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker). rooms $119-159, suites $179-419 CAD.
- Visit one of the nearby ski resorts: Panorama (Invermere), Fairmont (Fairmont Hot Springs) or Kicking Horse (British Columbia).
- Head along Highway 93 into Kootenay National Park and continue along Highway 1, entering Banff National Park and Yoho National Park. Make it a day trip and circle back along Highway 95.
- Go south and visit Fort Steele near Cranbrook
|Routes through Radium Hot Springs|
|Golden ←||N S||→ Invermere → Cranbrook|
|Calgary ← Banff ←||E S||→ END|