- The Pyeongchang 2018 article provides a more specific guide to the XXIII Olympic Winter Games in 2018.
- Yangyang International Airport. Although almost as far away as Seoul, Yangyang airport has domestic flights from Seoul Gimpo, Busan's Gimhae International Airport and Gwangju. It has one international route from Shanghai Pudong International Airport.
- Wonju Airport. With a scheduled flight from Jeju on Korean Air but no flights from Seoul, this is technically a much closer option to the city of Pyeongchang if you are determined to fly in rather than take a bus.
- Odaesan National Park. Odaesan is one of the many famous mountains in Korea, known for its temples and waterfalls. Centered around Birobong, which rises 1,563m above sea level, five peaks line up like a folding screen, while Sogeumgang Valley, which means little Mt Geumgangsan, is situated below. Mt Odaesan is originally a by-name for China's Shanxisheng Mt Qingliangshan but Jajangyulsa, who studied in these mountains during the Silla dynasty, decided to call the mountain in Korea Mt Odaesan since the features of the two mountains were very similar. As the physical aspects of Mt Odaesan are smoother than Mt Seoraksan, anyone can easily take up the challenge of hiking here. Also, people of all ages love Mt Odaesan as the perfect place for a forest bath.
- Pyeongchang Hyoseok Culture Festival. Late August - early September. Lee Hyoseok, one of the greatest authors of modern Korean literature, holds the festival at Pyeongchang, the actual stage of the story, When the Buckwheat Flowers Bloom. During the festival visitors can also enjoy the special ambiance created by the prolific buckwheat flowers.
- Herbnara Tourist Farm, 291-42, Heungjeonggyegok-gil, Bongpyeong-myeon, Pyeongchang, 강원 평창군 봉평면 흥정계곡길 291-42. This is a famous dating course. More than 100 types of herbs thrive in the garden and herb restaurants here serve tasty and healthy food. ₩7,000.
- Woljeongsa Temple, 63 Dongsan-ri, Jinbu-myeon, Pyeongchang-gun. Famous for its Citadel Museum, which has on display numerous cultural relics and treasures, and an octagonal nine-stage stone pagoda. The huge fir tree forest road is so beautiful that it has been the setting of many dramas and movies.
- Korea Botanic Garden (한국자생식물원), 405-2, Byeongnae-ri, Daegwallyeong-myeon, Pyeongchang 강원도 평창군 대관령면 비안길 159-4 (대관령면). Widely varying flowers and plants can be seen in the Korea Botanic Garden. Flowers bloom from spring to autumn in the wild flower community, a perfect place to take a photograph.
- Fun Ski Festival. Early December to early March, around seven times. A ski festival for foreign visitors in Yongpyeong Resort, the Mecca of Korean skiing. For three nights and four days, participants enjoy ski lessons, dinners and various events. On the last day, all participants take part in a ski competition. Many foreigners participate in this romantic winter festival every year to enjoy the snow and skiing as well as the fun parties.
- Dragon Valley Ski Resort (Yongpyong Ski Resort), 130, Yongsan-ri, Daegwalnyeong-myeon, Pyeongchang.
Inns/Hotels There are many local inns/hotels around at reasonable prices ranging from ₩15,000 and up.
- Yong Pyong Resort, ☎ +82 33 335-5757. 662 rooms
- Phoenix Park, ☎ +82 33 333-6000. 756 rooms
- Hotel Odaesan, ☎ +82 33 330-5000. 306 rooms.
- Nearby port cities of Gangneung and Sokcho. The other nearby port of Donghae has a ferry connection to Ulleungdo island.